2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my R now for 3 years and not sure whether it's time for a change. Im Looking for a car that's a bit more refined and luxury. I'm drawn to the golf r32 with a dsg box. Has anyone had any experience with them? Sound wise, that 3.2 sounds a worthy successor to vtec. Performance wise how do they compare to an R?

Any opinions/experiences and input appreciated guys!

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
ive never been a fan of golfs mate, very heavy car imo. r32's are quick in a straight line but again not so good into the twisties. why not look at a beamer?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Megane RS250 is epic as you may have heard already many times!

130i/135i have amazing engines, and with RWD, can be a lot of fun!

The hatchback WRX STI's have come down in price big time! Now there is a lot of bang for buck!

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
135i without a doubt!

the R32 is expensive and wont be much quicker than what you already have. Unless you are looking to turbo it ;)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose what I'm after is more useable day to day power. Others call it torque I think lol. Which I'm sure the 32 has. But then again weight makes all the difference as i know when my fuel tank is on the low side the r feels so much more responsive to drive . I love my R for looks but sometimes I just think do I really wanna scream around everywhere. I'm stuck in the mind set of do I keep my r and save the money, and refresh the r's performance, or jump ship. Budget wise I'd say 12k is top end.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Don't change! The fn2 is going to be the last NA type r. You'll regret it.
I also like to look at other cars, but I'll keep the fn2.

But I bought a second car, crx vtec '90 to play with! Keep the fn2 and buy something to play with.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

Honestly i think the only two hatch backs out there that you'll enjoy more than the R are the new Focus RS... or the new Renault Megane RS250.

R32's make an immense noise, but not much you can do to mod them... but it depends how you look at a car... would it be ok for you for a long time?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Hi mate,

Honestly i think the only two hatch backs out there that you'll enjoy more than the R are the new Focus RS... or the new Renault Megane RS250.

R32's make an immense noise, but not much you can do to mod them... but it depends how you look at a car... would it be ok for you for a long time?
But for around 6K you can have a car that will slaughter both of them !

My car passes the new Focus RS so what will a CTR with a turbo do to one ?

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
But for around 6K you can have a car that will slaughter both of them !

My car passes the new Focus RS so what will a CTR with a turbo do to one ?
What's your car now dude?

£6k??

Yeah i know, well we aren't talking modified though are we ;-)?

My car will also be flying past Focus RS's and Megane 250's in a few weeks... and M3's / Cayman S's :D

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
What's your car now dude?

£6k??

Yeah i know, well we aren't talking modified though are we ;-)?

My car will also be flying past Focus RS's and Megane 250's in a few weeks... and M3's / Cayman S's :D
I ment spend 6K on the CTR and it will be much quicker than the RS etc.

I have the a charged CTR.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I thought you sold your car :)

But i totally agree with you Terry.

Spend some money on the R and it's better than any other hot hatch!

That's why i've opted for the intercooled rotrex :police:
hehe, welcome to the darkside, you will love the boost :)

My car is still forsale, £11500 if you anyone ;)

Just yesterday some dude in a Scirocco R had a shock, I tell you the look you get from the new hot hatch drivers is priceless.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
hehe, welcome to the darkside, you will love the boost :)

My car is still forsale, £11500 if you anyone ;)

Just yesterday some dude in a Scirocco R had a shock, I tell you the look you get from the new hot hatch drivers is priceless.
That's exactly why i want it so much!

Porsche Cayman S's, M3's, VXR's, Megane RS's, TT's and last but not least all golfs!

I will be hunting reguarly :)

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
That's exactly why i want it so much!

Porsche Cayman S's, M3's, VXR's, Megane RS's, TT's and last but not least all golfs!

I will be hunting regularly :)
Until you meet one that's had the same amount you spent on it ;)

Imagine an RS with 6k's worth of mods?!

Mind you £6k on a cayman or M3 would prob get you an exhaust and a map lol !

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Until you meet one that's had the same amount you spent on it ;)

Imagine an RS with 6k's worth of mods?!

Mind you £6k on a cayman or M3 would prob get you an exhaust and a map lol !
Yeah you do have a good point, but even then i don't think it would be able to beat a Type-R round a track. It's not all about straight line speeds.

The best thing about an FN2 is that you can chuck 400hp at it, and providing you've sorted brakes, suspension and LSD you can be an absolute animal on track.

Spend 6k on a Scirocco R and it would struggly... to be fair the new Focus RS and Megane 250 i'm not too sure about, because they are good on track, butttt i'm sure that being turbo's too much more torque over standard would cause them problems!

I might be wrong though 8-( i do just love type-r's

1 - 20 of 44 Posts