2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well I picked my car up on Friday PM and all seemed well but didn’t drive enough to stretch its legs, so to speak. On Saturday I got a second opinion and yes, the clutch is slipping, front O/S suspension is squeaking and wheels need balancing! Reported to dealer on Sunday, booked in for "Investigatory Work" for tomorrow.

Is this a common occurrence or have I just been unlucky?! I hope the dealer will fix these issues

Bad times....

:confused:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Is this a brand new car, demo or second hand? Seems like its not really been checked before you got the car

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its second hand, 2006. You would at least think they would have checked common problems really!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Its second hand, 2006. You would at least think they would have checked common problems really!
I got my 2004 Civic from Honda and went back 4 seperate times for faults, and 2 times to collect pieces in 6 weeks of ownership before getting my CTR.

- Heated rear windscreen/air ciculation light not working.
- Sideskirt coming away from body (Clip ordered)
- Drivers side window (tempramental)
- Clutch needed lubing, apparently?
- Clip collected and fitted for sideskirt
- Spare Key ordered/collected.

Whilst most of the time they were helpful, I can't help but feel that had I not remained firm they would have palmed me off. The dealer tried to point the blame in my direction...

- For the dash lights not working, he allegated that I tried to install a piece of ICE, (which I hadn't - bog standard Honda CD player.. that gets extremely hot)
- For the clip he allegated that I had driven carelessly and that it wasn't in that state when I left the dealership
- Clutch inadvertently questioned whether I rode/ coasted the clutch. Yeah right..:rolleyes:

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my 2004 Civic from Honda and went back 4 seperate times for faults, and 2 times to collect pieces in 6 weeks of ownership before getting my CTR.
So I am not alone then! Grrr they had better fix it, they dont know who they are messing with :call2:[smilie=nope.gif]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts