2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been a voyeur on this forum for quite some time, but finally getting round to posting! I bought my 1.8EX NHB at the end of January this year, with the great aid of this forum - so thank you all!

Have loved the car ever since I bought it. Will post some pictures up once it's had a nice clean and some BHAB.

In the last month or so I've had a few problems, one which has been diagnosed as a faulty steering rack :)S) which Honda have agreed to pay for under the extended warranty. The other is a loud clicking noise when moving off, after the car has been stationary for some time. This sounded similar to other posts on this forum regarding suspension - however the dealer has told me that there is a fault with the subframe which causes this noise, which is not protected under the extended warranty, and a modification needs to be made involving lots of grease !?

Has anyone had any experience/knowledge of this as the dealer sounds very vague, and I'm wondering whether it should actually be covered under warranty...

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts

Welcome to the forum.:)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Welcome along. I got a bit excited there with mentions of voyeurism, greasing up and knocking etc :shock:

Can't help with the knocking noise, my car is only a couple of weeks old and I think I can hear a knocking at times but I'm probably just getting paranoid about it.

Good luck with getting to the root cause though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha hope you didn't get too excited - yeah the knocking noise is definately there, and it looks like other people are having similar issues. Will let you know what happens...

Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts