2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have been dipping in and out of the forum for a couple of weeks now and even posted a few threads so thought it was about time to introduce myself! So hello and what a useful forum this is.

I went to the London motor show last year and after sitting in the Civic I've wanted one ever since. I've held back from looking until now but at last I am going to be ordering one in June :) My intial thoughts were to go for the 2.2 diesel Type S GT with Sat Nav. Went to my local dealer 3 weeks ago for a test drive but they only had 1.8 petrol Type S. I took it for a spin but didn't think the engine was as good as my current 1.7 diesel Astra. Went back yesterday and test drove the diesel EX. Well what can i say it was great, the diesel engine is much better, much more responsive and you get that extra kick. Now having driven the 5 door EX I'm starting to wonder if I should go for that over the Type S. With the Sat Nav on the Type S GT I think they are about the same price, although the EX doesn't have the glass roof. Also I think I would want the Image Pack on the EX which will take it over my budget. Oh decissions, decissions!! If anyone has any useful advice on either of these two models I would love to hear from you.

Oh one other thing I set the dealer address into the Sat Nav on my way back to hand the car back, after driving into the dealer car park it told me to do a u turn, you have taken the wrong turning. Surely they should be able to get the dealer locations right on the Sat Nav if nothing else!!

Mark

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
CJ.

Welcome to the best place in town

Get any model, they all make you smile.

......and trust me the nearest McDonalds IS in Calais.

"You know those oxygen masks on planes. They're not full of oxygen. They're there to muffle the screams!"

Charles H.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Hey crazyjammer, welcome to the site.

Difficult question to answer really, Depends whether or not you think the extra 2 doors would be useful. Certainly the handling is slightly more sporty in the Type S, although compared the other hatches the 5 door handling is also pretty sporty! My advice would be to drive all of them and see which you think will suit you best in the long run.

And yes, the satnav can get a bit confused sometimes, but then don't we all?!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome my friend, I have owned both Engines now, i have to say my preference is the 2.2, however, i am not being critical of the1.8, it is no slouch by any means, whichever varient and spec you choose, you will be happy.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Hi crazyjammer - have fun keeping trying out the cars until you settle on one that suits you. For me a 5 door, diesel was the starting point. The glass roof is very enticing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts