2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I need to replace a timing chain in my mk3 crv 2.2 diesel. I have found good price for full kit @ japserviceparts.co.uk and they are stating its genuine.
It is priced at £226.09 after 15% discount and ordering from Honda it would cost me £412.55.
It is almost 200 quid save and it would pay for the labour.

See details here JapServiceParts chain kit

Cheers

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
I have a CRV on 90,000 miles, can you tell us your mileage?
Price sounds good.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,896 Posts
That's only the cam chain (plus related parts) in that link... there's actually also another 'timing' chain running down from the crankshaft sprocket to the oil pump/balance shaft assembly (which also has a tensioner, tensioner arm and guides). While the much longer cam chain is the one that gets noisy, it's this lower chain that most often results in engine damage by snapping.

I replaced both my chains last year at a total cost of £336 (which included new gaskets for the injectors, liquid gasket for the sump and chain cover plus oil and filter... none of which are included in this kit).

More info here on my 'chain swap' experiences, with breakdown of costs, where I bought all parts and links to other threads regarding injector removal/replacement (these have to come out!) and crankshaft pulley removal (which was the biggest problem I experienced). There are a whole load of pictures on page 2... Replacement of engine chains - Diesel Faults - TypeAccord

1 - 4 of 4 Posts