2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Back again, looking for some advice...

Looking to tint my car and was originally suggested by the company to go for 'Light Smoke' all the way round (5 windows) - but i personally feel there will be minimal difference in the look.

I personally think i should go for 'Light Smoke' on the fronts and 'Dark Smoke' on the rears...?

Limo Black is a bit too much dark shade so i tihnk i will avoid this.

Thoughts peeps?

Cheers

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Wouldn't do the fronts personally as they're already on the legal limit. The rear in dark smoke would look good though.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Alright pal. i have a milano one as well and getting the tints done when i can afford. You will be surprised how good it actually looks with 30% all round as Ive had that on my last few cars.... focus st in red, astra 888 in red and a cosmic grey ep3 before that.
I used to have what you're thinking where you want the back darker, but Ive come to realize in my honest opinion that i much prefer the 30% all round look.
You had a price?

P.S. What colour are your alloys?

hope this helps anyway. :)

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wouldn't do the fronts personally as they're already on the legal limit. The rear in dark smoke would look good though.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the advice.

I was not aware the fronts were already on the legal limit! What is the legal limit?

Dark Smoke would look good, but one thing that has confused me is that none of the companies can do the plastic bit under the rear spoiler. Would this look odd not being tinted??

Any workaround for this mate?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

This. Don't tint the fronts unless you have friendly coppers in your area. As for the rears, I'd go as dark as you dare!
Be aware the the lower rear perspex screen can't be tinted as the tint won't stick, you need to use a film such as spi-vision to do it.

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright pal. i have a milano one as well and getting the tints done when i can afford. You will be surprised how good it actually looks with 30% all round as Ive had that on my last few cars.... focus st in red, astra 888 in red and a cosmic grey ep3 before that.
I used to have what you're thinking where you want the back darker, but Ive come to realize in my honest opinion that i much prefer the 30% all round look.
You had a price?

P.S. What colour are your alloys?

hope this helps anyway. :)
Hi mate,

30% all round eh? Does that equate to Light Smoke all round?

I had a quote of £130 for all 5 windows...

My alloys are normal silver colour, but i was also going to get the Calipers painted and was told to go for Black on the alloys!

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This. Don't tint the fronts unless you have friendly coppers in your area. As for the rears, I'd go as dark as you dare!
Be aware the the lower rear perspex screen can't be tinted as the tint won't stick, you need to use a film such as spi-vision to do it.
Where can i get such a film from?

Should the company be able to acquire this for me?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
yeah i have the 18's and ive always had the wheels painted in gloss black with 30% light smoke all round. Its just something ive done for a few years now and people comment on how subtle the cars look but how much it stands out by doing that as well.
Touch wood, ive not been pulled over for it in the other motors for it, but i remember an old corsa b i used to have years ago, (chav) lol, i had dark smoke and went to a meet on southport beach and got told by the squaddies to rip them out there and then.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
£130 is a decent price too if they are good at their job. Ive been quoted £200! and im trying to get it cheaper.
So if anybody knows anywhere around this area, that would be great!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Jedi Knight
610 Posts
Me and the other half both got 20% on the back 3 and 55% on the front two, IMO any darker in the back and reversing at night is almost impossible and 55% in the front isn't that far from the 70% legal limit and at worst all the coppers do is tear the corner off that's if ** unlucky enough to get tugged

·
Type R Nut
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi. i did order the SPi vision film but it was load of cr*p. It had perforated dots and my dark smoke rears would never match up!! SPi Vision company refunded me straight-away! Guys, any other alternative that will give a nice plain black Dark Smoke Effect?? All my other tints are in... just the plastic bit left now! Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts