2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

Washed the car today and upon inspectiong of my work, I saw these tiny little bubbles on the paint. Might be from some idiot cleaning his varnish brush, but they seem to be under the paint.

What is it?

Thanks!

edit: Just remembered: some old lady crashed into us almost a year ago. It was a very slow speed collision, so just some scratches here and there. The front was a bit like that, but unlike the "new" bubbles, the ones at the front were visible under direct light. Don't think they resprayed the rear, though. Will ask the dealer when they get back from their vacation. Opinions still welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It looks like a problem with the respray, if that panel was painted. I had this on my previous car, I think that there must of been dust on the surface before they sprayed it. It got worse with time, I later sold the car so wasn't too bothered.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
ive got this on my bonnet!! less stone chips as its not honda paint so ive learnt to live with it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know where my head was when I typed this, but the accident was on the other side... Going to the dealer for servicing tomorrow. Will ask.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
take it back to the garage here is a example Tiny specks of dirt left on the surface can act as a sponge and hold moisture. When the finish is exposed to the sun (or abrupt changes in atmospheric pressure), moisture expands and builds up pressure. If the pressure is great enough, blisters form. only way round it is for them to do it again good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts