2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the tire pressure warning light on. This morning I went to make sure my tires where at the correct tyre pressure.

After doing so, the warning light remained on, does anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks
Lee

· Premium Member
655 Posts
As Kremmen said ! Outside my car has varied from -6 to +12 this week , if the sun is shining on one side of your car the tyre pressures will increase on that side. I haven't done my TPMS for ages, but I think you have to drive 20-30 miles after initialising to recalibrate the system.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
if its same as 9g you need to reset it from the steering wheel menu before starting car
switch ignition on find it in menu reset then start car and drive a few miles light will go out as soon as reset but if it finds anything will come back on after a few miles or if full setup has not been completed

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have looked under

Settings/Vehicle - there is not TPMS re-initialise button?

Where should it be? Every online video I have seen states and shows that it is in that location on the infotainment screen - it is not there on my car.

Lee

· Registered
298 Posts
I have looked under

Settings/Vehicle - there is not TPMS re-initialise button?

Where should it be? Every online video I have seen states and shows that it is in that location on the infotainment screen - it is not there on my car.

Lee
Settings, vehicle, deflection warning system.

Note car must be running and in park/nuetral

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

· Registered
115 Posts
Of course, the tire pressuere must be checked and equal before making any initiation. My opinion is that the car is checkning the number of rotations in a certain time or distance before you park the car and do the initiation.

So I have found out that it works best if you find a very straight street with no traffic, maybe minimum 500 meters. Maybe in some industrial area. You pull over the car to the side and park, almost without using the steering wheel, like keep the straight line of the street. Then the Civic has a good record of the number of rotation of each wheel.
Make the initiation! And it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts