2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the back of a couple of other threads about TMC and RDS retuning...

When off to Oakwood on the weekend, we were subjected to non-stop replay of daughter's CD :rolleyes:

I noticed that TMC went pink after about Port Talbot (M4 going West), but didn't really think much of it.

However, it's now made me think...

My radio would have been tuned to Red Dragon - which gives up around Port Talbot...

Because I was listening to the CD - would the TMC tuner have been able to retune itself to another TMC broadcast?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Have you had the RDS update? Would that be linked into keeping TMC on track?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I think the TMC has it's own receiver - you can see it doing its own thing when you look in the diagnostic menu. Try playing a CD and going into the diagnostic.

TMC seems to go pink quite a lot (like the whole of Lincolnshire); maybe it's just rubbish coverage, or the technical fault with the provider previously noted...

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't had the RDS update (that I know), and haven't had cause to ask for it :)

I think you're right Pottsy - fairly sure there is a seperate TMC receiver, but I'm just wondering how good it is at tracking TMC broadcasting stations.

I was thinking it might be linked to whatever radio station you were listening to - but I guess that would be a bit silly :)

Anyone from Swansea around to comment?
Do you get TMC if you're driving towards Cardiff? :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
The TMC is an entirely sperate thing. It links into the stongest frequency, so no matter what radio station you might be listening to, the TMC hooks up to the carrier of the TMC in the area you are driving.

So in Yorkshire & Lincolnshire the TMC is carried on the Galaxy 105 frequency, and each area will have there own specific one.

Even if you are listening to a CD or MP3 it will continue doing it's own thing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts