2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When i first used my oem sat nav i got message for traffic and it gave me reroute option, i was amazed! Last night on my travel from manchester to leeds, i got stuck on a very long tail back and was surprised the TMC didnt pick it up, nor has it done since i first used it! can someone tel how i reset my TMC or get it to work again? Thanks ps when i use the sat nav the TMC icon goes from red to light blue, or along those lines! Really puzzled by this!

·
Administrator
21,238 Posts
On the SatNav have you got the "TMC" display, top left corner, preferably Blue which means it's found a valid radio station?

If not, that's your problem.

Also, the inbuilt TMC is not as quick as the dedicated, beacon reading units. I sometimes find there is a 10-15 minute delay before it appears, or is accurate.

One of the advantages with the built in unit though is that they can show traffic problems on roads that are not covered by normal Tm beacons. Fairly recently a road near me was severely blocked for a few weeks due to roadworks. This blockage was shown on the SatNav map but my Tm Q-Busta didn't have it because it uses the beacons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts