2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is a message for who's actually already driven a 9gen. I've seen the interior pics and the mini-compartment in the dash, in front of the gear lever, seems gone. Can you confirm this (I find this particular slot absolutely useful) and is there a sort of replacement space for this omission?
Thanks to all! :D

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
The EX GT has the extra of a sunglasses holder. I'm assuming this is what has replaced the little compartment.

Only on the EX GT though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I want to leave a pair of sunglasses in the car, I'll have to keep them in plain view. I use the compartment to hold a pair, graduated ones, I have to drive with lens, very useful in the sun. On the 9g I'll have to take them out to avoid someone smashing the window. I thought this was a case of "meh", but it's probably a case of "fail"! :D

·
Administrator
21,151 Posts
So if I want to leave a pair of sunglasses in the car, I'll have to keep them in plain view. I use the compartment to hold a pair, graduated ones, I have to drive with lens, very useful in the sun. On the 9g I'll have to take them out to avoid someone smashing the window. I thought this was a case of "meh", but it's probably a case of "fail"! :D
Depends on how you use the available storage. On my 8G I have lined the area under the sliding roller (by front of the ashtray) with some of that anti-slip rubber matting, cut to shape, and my sunglasses sit in there, face down.
I find that I can roll open the compartment and retrieve my sunglasses and put them on without looking away from the road :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use that roller space for remotes for the various automatic gates I have to open on a daily basis and for the always present water bottle! Rubber matting is a great solution, but the absensce of the compartment in the 9g is still very fail-ish! Pity as I'm beginning to like the new look, particularly in red

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
had a look in the new civic today and not only is the mini compartment gone but the glove box is probably only half the size it was, :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts