2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

For the last 4 months I've been toying between different hot hatches, the main contenders CTR and focus st. I've test driven a civic twice already and love it! Been told to go for the focus though but for me it looks too normal.

The civic is so loud and showy which is a bit seller for me. Working on a ferry in the merchant navy (great one for insurance) a travel to and from work averaging only 100 miles a week. I've had a 2010 renault megane coupe 1.9 dci the past year so mpg is gonna take a massive turn for the worse whatever I choose.

Anyway this weekend I'm going to see another type r in my price range in Cannock, can anyone tell me wht to look out for and with the miles I'm looking at is it a realistic option.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum

There are loads of questions similar to yours on here, so a search would be your best bet altho i am sure someone with a bit more knowledge than me will be able to supply you with some 'techie' stuff

What I would say is that 100miles per week in either the Type R or the Focus will probably put you out of pocket by a similar amount which yes in turn will not be anywhere near the savings to that of your diesel but some good mileages have been posted on here for long runs

You also fail to say what your price range is or the year/mileage on the vehicle you are looking to purchase

·
Registered
954 Posts
Emissions and r tax a bit more on ST also big bills if anything goes wrong with 2.5 lt 5 cyl engine, on the plus point it does have lots of torque compared to Type R, I preferred the Type R for reliability, looks and that great engine however I do like the ST too.

You didn't say what your budget was but there are also the Golf GTI, Octavia VRS to maybe consider which do offer a bit more economy or a performance diesel like Golf 170 or BMW 120d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts