2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prob not the best place to ask if I should buy a civic I know,but who better to ask than the guys that own/ run them,looking to buy 2008/2009 model 1.8 petrol 3 or 5 door,after having a good look around the forum I'm starting to wonder wether the Honda name is as good as it used to be?seem to b stumbling across nothing but problems with the civic & some rather expensive one's,love the look & drive of the car it's just the reliability issues that are putting me off buying one,just looking for some info if these reliability issues are as bad as the seem ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
mines a 58 plate ctr had it over 2 years now 44,000 miles and had no problems at all.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Go on any forum of any manufacturer and you will see the same thing.

If you have identified the Civic as a possible choice you won't go far wrong, sure there are niggles but nothing that cannot be put right.

Try visiting BMW diesel forums about them injesting their swirl flaps or 911 forums about cracked cylinder liners.

I won't even mention Ford or Vauxhall!

Civic is a superb car, go for it.

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
I've had Hondas for years to cars, prelude and now a Civic, also a VFR 750 motor cycle, never had a problem, with any of them. Where do you you get your information from? Google "most reliable car" and Honda often comes top... Most Reliable Cars on the Road

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Remember that on a forum, those that have had problems with a car, will post far more than those that have not.
It's the nature of the beast.
2007 Civic 2.2 Type S Gt with optional inbuilt sat nav - not one problem from new to the day I sold it and it's still trouble free.
Only time at dealership apart from usual servicing - handbrake recall.:D

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
As stated above, on any car forum you will find people post problems, bugs and niggles, it is inevitable as the forum is often the best source of knowledge to help you resolve a problem. I had my 56 plate 1.8 ES for 18 months, no complaints at all, in that time didn't have any problems. So much so that the old man jumped at the chance to buy it off me when I told him I was selling it. The only reason I sold up was to take the move to a CTR.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
As stated above, on any car forum you will find people post problems, bugs and niggles, it is inevitable as the forum is often the best source of knowledge to help you resolve a problem. I had my 56 plate 1.8 ES for 18 months, no complaints at all, in that time didn't have any problems. So much so that the old man jumped at the chance to buy it off me when I told him I was selling it. The only reason I sold up was to take the move to a CTR.
+1

You won't find many people who go onto a forum just to praise how amazing and fault free their car is :p

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
I have 2 Civics... a deisel and a CTR and had no major problems with either of them... (yet). But having owned numerous Honda Bikes previously and always found them to be totally reliable, Honda cars seemed the logical choice and I have yet to regret it. Excellent cars throughout the Honda range. Just try to avoid the 56 plate civics if possible as they had the most of the niggly problems before being sorted out on post 57 models.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I bought my 2.2 Type S GT off my aunt who bought it new. It's been excellent, only thing to fail in 42k miles is the electric folding mirrors which syx repaired the SOD's for £8. Can't fault it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the quick replies,going for a look at 2009 civic s ***** 21000 miles think I'll b joining the club lol thanks again

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have a 2008 Type R, it is the best car I have ever owned, I traded a 2008 Audi A4 1.8T S Line for my Type R, and the Type R is way better than the Audi ever was. The Civic is free revving and sporty, it is fun and safe, and practical and economical. The Audi said old man sporty and was expensive to run. Go for it, get a Honda.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
You should go for it mate. Best car I've had. I have an 07 2.2EX with 149k on the clock and have had it for 3 years. Biggest issue I have had to deal with is changing front suspension, not expensive if you source the parts yourself.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replies,as of yesterday I'm the proud owner of a 2009 type s gt,have to say I love the drive & look of the car,came across one small problem driving the car back down the road I noticed there was a knocking coming from the right rear,never showed up on the test drive surprise surprise lol,shouldn't be a problem car comes with 2 month warranty from arnold Clark,any ideas what this could be?

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Thanks for all the replies,as of yesterday I'm the proud owner of a 2009 type s gt,have to say I love the drive & look of the car,came across one small problem driving the car back down the road I noticed there was a knocking coming from the right rear,never showed up on the test drive surprise surprise lol,shouldn't be a problem car comes with 2 month warranty from arnold Clark,any ideas what this could be?
Might be a bearing or suspension linked issue. Best old Arnold gets your motor on a ramp and utilise that warranty. Enjoy the car.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts