2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for quite some time now i have been wanting FlashPro...

I got the Milltek catback and HKS RSK and love them. The Milltek sounds nice without being over top (a little loud when starting from cold though) and RSK unleashes hell in V-Tec.

So FlashPro, i want it but with my two mods is it really worth doing?

I know with a new manifold there are great gains but i wont be doing that (unless the forum forces my hand once again).

I guess the big things are a lower V-Tec switching point (about 4200 when tuned), 8500 red line, launch control (kind of anyway) and 20bhp mid-range gain but am i going to notice all of these?

I know everyone has different expectations but i just need a little help deciding.

Thanks

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Lol I've been there and done it, I'm not telling you what I've read or what other people say, I can tell you from my experience that even going to 220-230bhp at peak makes such a huge difference, it's all in the midrange, you'll be amazed how much more useable grunt you'll have! Get Paul at TDI North to map it and you'll never look back

And get a bloody manifold! ;) lol

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
I've not got a manifold but would still recommend Flashpro. Initially I stuck the group N map on and it made a big difference to the way the car drove. After a tune up by Paul @ Tdi it made the difference from stock even greater.

As Dave says, speak to Tdi and get it set up properly. You will be amazed as your car will feel totally different in how it pulls and performs.:D

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I've been there and done it, I'm not telling you what I've read or what other people say, I can tell you from my experience that even going to 220-230bhp at peak makes such a huge difference, it's all in the midrange, you'll be amazed how much more useable grunt you'll have! Get Paul at TDI North to map it and you'll never look back

And get a bloody manifold! ;) lol
Thanks very much.

I just dont want to be spending all thatbmoney and feel a little difference.

I will have to ignore your last comment, this forum is already hurting my wallet and my other halfs feelings :)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi, I started with a Gruppe M airfilter and Flashpro @ CPL and a major diference already !

Now I've a few bits more and even more nice :)

Indeed get a manifold !! Hell of a noise though in the low rev's :cool:

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've not got a manifold but would still recommend Flashpro. Initially I stuck the group N map on and it made a big difference to the way the car drove. After a tune up by Paul @ Tdi it made the difference from stock even greater.

As Dave says, speak to Tdi and get it set up properly. You will be amazed as your car will feel totally different in how it pulls and performs.:D
Thanks and just from you two i can see that Flashpro is going to be way to go then.

Maybe im a little tight ;) and my expectations for differences may be a little low as i can see alot of people saying how much better it is.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, I started with a Gruppe M airfilter and Flashpro @ CPL and a major diference already !

Now I've a few bits more and even more nice :)

Indeed get a manifold !! Hell of a noise though in the low rev's :cool:
I thinks this is my problem as i cant see what a huge difference it can make.

I wish i could try before buying :(

At least for now just Flashpro ;) next would then be brakes.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
I think they are yeh...but with the cat in place it'll still really restrict midrange :(
Paul @ Tdi has said that the cat isn't too restrictive. The original manifold is the main issue in its design. Will see what happens when I get around to having it done as I will get a rolling road figure before the work and one after to compare.:)

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Paul @ Tdi has said that the cat isn't too restrictive. The original manifold is the main issue in its design. Will see what happens when I get around to having it done as I will get a rolling road figure before the work and one after to compare.:)
This is true the manifold design is horrendous, but I'd think the cat will still restrict air flow, should be ok if the manifold design is good I suppose :)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Last week went from having martelius exhaust and Hks rsk, to flashpro with tegiwa manifold and tune from tdi south and the difference is ridiculous. It's honestly like a different car, it pulls so well much smoother vtec crossover and the difference in acceleration in the mid range is massive. Highly recommend!! :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts