2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the talk of the 9th Gen CTR I've been thinking, should I modify my almost standard FN2 (Just got Tegiwa Induction) or save the money for the new one :confused:

I am going to upgrade the sound system regardless.

What is everyone else doing?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Depends on your definition of 'modify'.

If you'd like to spend a bit of cash gradually over the next couple years upgrading the brakes, exhaust, mani, flashpro, suspension etc to keep things fresh and interesting then I say why not? You'll get a good chunk of your expenditure back if you sell off the parts when the time comes .

If your planning on tinting windows, painting wheels, fitting ebay paraphernalia, sticking on wee plastic triangles to the roof then I'd say leave the car alone and save your cash.

Just my opinion.:cool:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've left my engine stock but gone for handling mods and fast road setup. Would rather have a car which stops handles and brakes amazingly than go down the power route. Wanted to improve the feel and never stopped smiling since. Everyone is different though.

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Well new type r is not out until 2015 so a while away. But once start modding its like a drug! Expensive and addictive

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I'm in the RAF but back in Leeds on most weekends. My engine has a Tegiwa Intake with scoop, other than that its standard.
I'm in Leeds if you want to see what I've done sometime I'd be happy to show you. Always good to meet local civinfo members! :)

·
Premium Member
770 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I've driven past your car a few times, been meaning to say hi, local mini meet lol?
really? where've you seen me? nice one, i'd definitely be up for that :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
With all the talk of the 9th Gen CTR I've been thinking, should I modify my almost standard FN2 (Just got Tegiwa Induction) or save the money for the new one :confused:

I am going to upgrade the sound system regardless.

What is everyone else doing?
Dont bother - its a complete waste of money.

I spent £5k and got about £1k worth of smiles.

The LSD was a joke unless you were nailing it or on track - every day it was a waste of money and not noticeable.

NA power gains are rubbish and mega expensive and you get used them in about 3 days. Forced induction is fine but kills MPG and insurance (as do other mods).

You still own a car that everyone else thinks is rubbish compared to other hot hatches line the Megane 265 RS which with a £345 remap will trounce even an SC FN2.

If you add that much power you need to uprate the brakes and suspension and a shed load of other stuff so budget for £10k.

If you go down the turbo route with stock internals its even more expensive and will blow the engine in time at 400bhp plus.

You will never be satisfied with it no matter what you do - more always wants more.

So enjoy it stock - its actually quite quick and refined. Dont get bitten by the bug as I did. Buy a Cayman S as I did for less money than a good FN2 with £10k mods.

And then trounce an SC FN2 when you find one as I did cos you will match it for BHP and beat it for torque and gearing and top speed. And it turns more heads and is a proper sports car.

Go figure :worms:

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Will blow the engine in time lol

Seriously though, I've hit a wall, I've done the few mods to improve weak areas but i think I'll stop until use what 9th gen has to offer. I have an issue where I always want the latest thing even if it offers little to no improvement. Except in the case of iPhone 5 because that is awful.

Also comparing a sports car to an FN2 is as good as comparing it with a Micra. Totally different markets.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Dont bother - its a complete waste of money.

I spent £5k and got about £1k worth of smiles.

The LSD was a joke unless you were nailing it or on track - every day it was a waste of money and not noticeable.

NA power gains are rubbish and mega expensive and you get used them in about 3 days. Forced induction is fine but kills MPG and insurance (as do other mods).

You still own a car that everyone else thinks is rubbish compared to other hot hatches line the Megane 265 RS which with a £345 remap will trounce even an SC FN2.

If you add that much power you need to uprate the brakes and suspension and a shed load of other stuff so budget for £10k.

If you go down the turbo route with stock internals its even more expensive and will blow the engine in time at 400bhp plus.

You will never be satisfied with it no matter what you do - more always wants more.

So enjoy it stock - its actually quite quick and refined. Dont get bitten by the bug as I did. Buy a Cayman S as I did for less money than a good FN2 with £10k mods.

And then trounce an SC FN2 when you find one as I did cos you will match it for BHP and beat it for torque and gearing and top speed. And it turns more heads and is a proper sports car.

Go figure :worms:
Seriously!
Sounds like the Porsche suits you down to the ground! LSD makes a huge difference if the vsa is turned off! Maybe you should have a play with hagan or dezi! Think you may get your arse handed to you!!!

·
GC
4,438 Posts
To be fair, he wants to 'turn heads' and seems bothered by how others perceive what he drives so it's obviously a posers dream. Although all the heads that turn might be thinking look at that pretentious twit in the low spec Porsche.
Each to their own though, but don't come here preaching 'sports cars' to hatchback drivers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts