2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, been having a look at new cars for a while now mainly due to the fact that I get moaned at all the time with regards to ride and the noise of the Civic. Had been tempted by the new Accord but I have this morning booked a test drive in the BMW X3 and X5. Can get a cracking deal on an X3 with getting a £38k car for £21k brand new.

Just don't know if I really want to part with my Type R or not tho :confused:

·
Vtec'er
301 Posts
Forget everybody else, if they moan tell them to get a cab!! :)

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
If you like it why not keep it?

Passengers moan about the ride, its annoying but surely not enough to change a car you like.

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
The savings on the X3 are for a reason:D

Not only will you have to take a kicking on depreciation, but there is a chance that the extra work you have had done in some cases could lower the value of your motor.

You chose the car for a reason - I just cannot see an X3 giving you the same 'drive the car for the hell of it' urge. From what I understand most of your driving is not getting from A - B, but driving because you want to.

I think you can guess that I am saying Don't Sell!!!!!

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
The X3 would be a big mistake. It can't handle anything even more uneven than a pothole.

Save your cash or go for something better!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not driving my car much which is apparent from the low millage in a year. Its not the best car for the roads where I live, but then thats what happens when you have lots of heavy vehicals using the roads.

The mods that I have on my car will not lower the value of the vehical as I have yet to fit a bulk of them which I am thinking of selling on instead.

And I don't get the chance to drive, not even for the hell of it and soon I am going to need something that I can use for a daily commute and the Type R is not that car

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
From completely left field....

How about a nice comfy Citroen? Very good on uneven roads, and bargains to be had too.

Just watch out for the electrics!

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From completely left field....

How about a nice comfy Citroen? Very good on uneven roads, and bargains to be had too.

Just watch out for the electrics!
And why would I? I wouldn't touch a French car if you paid me not even the C5 built in Germany does anything for me.

I know what I like and its not French. I decided against Alfa after all the issue I had with my Mini when I first got it and breaking down whilst with small children in the car or heavily pregnant didn't fill me with excitement

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
If its a commute across town, the new Jazz might be worth a look. If you could afford it though, I'd personally get the Accord.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've booked the test drive now so we'll see how it goes. I bought the Type R without a Test Drive as the dealership didn't have one for demo purposes at the time and usually this wouldn't be something I would do but all I can do is try it and see

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Only you can decide what you want to do but one of my mates had an X3 Diesel and has just got rid for a 3 Series Saloon he didn't like the handling or ride comfort in the X3 and says the 3 Series is much better for him and his family.

If you want the extra space have you not considered a CRV?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If its a commute across town, the new Jazz might be worth a look. If you could afford it though, I'd personally get the Accord.
Nah, thats not what i'm after. I need something bigger than a Jazz as roomy as the new one may be. For the same price as the New Accord I can get a New Merc C220d Class Saloon which looks amazing

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only you can decide what you want to do but one of my mates had an X3 Diesel and has just got rid for a 3 Series Saloon he didn't like the handling or ride comfort in the X3 and says the 3 Series is much better for him and his family.

If you want the extra space have you not considered a CRV?
See I already have a 3 Series Convertible so don't want another coupe really. X3 is just a little different and my mate has one with the same upgraded suspension and Xdrive system that I'm looking at. CRV is not a car that does anything for me in or outside of the vehical.

But your right only I can decide and i'll know when I have found where my heart lies

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Nah, thats not what i'm after. I need something bigger than a Jazz as roomy as the new one may be. For the same price as the New Accord I can get a New Merc C220d Class Saloon which looks amazing
I have seen some amazing deals on 08 plate 318d tourings (around 19k!!!)

They have 140 hp yet do nearly 60mpg.....

But the best car for you could be a 16" wheeled 5dr Civic perhaps. 57 onwards cars even ride pretty well!!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Its built by a subbie in Austria, i think you could get a lot better car for your cash Angie . But its your choice

·
Banned
229 Posts
Another left fielder... Have you considered a Subaru? I did about 3000 miles last year in my gf's fathers 2.5l Legacy and was very impressed. It has the same kind of attributes that make Honda such a winner: reliable, very good handling, good turn of speed, slightly unusual. Unlike the civic, the ride is very refined and the cabin super comfortable. Plus the 4wd is a real bonus. It even wasn't too thirsty given the size/power - I think we got around 32-34 mpg out of it. And, anyway, that looks less an issue because the new subaru diesel looks a complete winner.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for the Impreza diesel to come along in January, it's quite possibly the car I've been waiting for all along - It's about time Subaru had a hot-diesel in its line-up!

Courant

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No tourings/estates etc they are not what I am after and 19k on a 318 when I can get a Brand New X3 2.5 MSport with leather, satnav, bi-xenon, optional alloys etc for £21k but a Civic is not what I am after too. Infact I don't want a Honda.

I will make my decision in good time and i'm sure I will be happy with my choice - a Lot happier than I have been feeling for a while now

1 - 20 of 141 Posts