2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a toda exhaust manifold and i would like to know if it is possible to fit plug&play to the oem exhaust or if i have to buy hks or miltek catback to fit it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Not a bad idea, you should have less noise with OEM exhaust.
Do you have any other mods like induction-hondata etc?
Give us a review of the results!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've ordered the Manifold and flashpro. Now i'm reading a lot to decide if i order the RRC intake manifold and the hondata gaskets or if i order the rrc manifold with thermal coating with p2r gaskets and p2r throthle body spacer. Or a mix of them.
Also, i'm not sure if i'll get an spoon throtle body, a tsx one, or if i'll left the oem one. I think that the gains of a new throtle body don't justify the high price, but i've to read a little bit more and checkout more dynos.

Anyway i'll order by the end of the next week a cai, but i'm not sure if i'll buy injen or cpl. Injen has good gains, good sound... Cpl must be good, and it's easier to install than injen and safer when it rains, but i don't know the real gains neither if it takes the air at the same temp than injen or if it's hoter.

As soon as i fit all the things i'll share with you my feelings, but expect around a month to arrive all the sh*t and get it fitted.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I've ordered the Manifold and flashpro. Now i'm reading a lot to decide if i order the RRC intake manifold and the hondata gaskets or if i order the rrc manifold with thermal coating with p2r gaskets and p2r throthle body spacer. Or a mix of them.
Also, i'm not sure if i'll get an spoon throtle body, a tsx one, or if i'll left the oem one. I think that the gains of a new throtle body don't justify the high price, but i've to read a little bit more and checkout more dynos.

Anyway i'll order by the end of the next week a cai, but i'm not sure if i'll buy injen or cpl. Injen has good gains, good sound... Cpl must be good, and it's easier to install than injen and safer when it rains, but i don't know the real gains neither if it takes the air at the same temp than injen or if it's hoter.

As soon as i fit all the things i'll share with you my feelings, but expect around a month to arrive all the sh*t and get it fitted.

forget the throtle body, no gains with no cams.

RRC + CPL CAI and you are good to go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, thanks for the advice.
Now i'm sure i'll not change the throtle body.
So Nuno, do you like cpl cai?

Dino, the gains of the rrc are real, at least in marcin's car and nuno's. I remember a post in wich they talked about how David's (or marcin's, i cannot remmember exactly whose car was) pulled away from the other and the difference between both car mods was the rrc.

Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
RRC gives more power on low rpm and more power on high rpm. In the midrange the power is the same as through the RSP.

Dawid

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
No problem. We had messured our CTR's with Marcin and this is what we have read from the dyno chart.

Dawid

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Ok, thanks for the advice.
Now i'm sure i'll not change the throtle body.
So Nuno, do you like cpl cai?

Dino, the gains of the rrc are real, at least in marcin's car and nuno's. I remember a post in wich they talked about how David's (or marcin's, i cannot remmember exactly whose car was) pulled away from the other and the difference between both car mods was the rrc.

Thanks again!!!
The CPL CAI is not mine. I have my favourite intake: stock.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, but Marcin changed from scoopin to injen and got 5cv on all range even with worst outdoors air temp. That's why i'm not sure if i'll buy the injen that's proven to get good gains for the money or the cpl that seems to be good but i don't know neither the gains nor the air temp.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The water issue is a good point, but as i said where i live it doesn't rain. I want the best value for my money :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts