2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Toda balancer killer kit has become available again with a different oil pump, after being made obsolete for a while.

Unfortunately there has been an increase in price to £460 plus vat.

We're taking orders now if anyone is interested?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was it priced at before?? How much would is it including fitting and VAT?
They used to be £390 plus vat.

Supplied and fitted including vat:
@Thurrock £960
@Warrington £864

Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

Thanks

Mark

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
What exactly does this kit do and is it designed to be done along with any other mods?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What exactly does this kit do and is it designed to be done along with any other mods?
The FN2 engine has counter rotating balancer shafts that are designed to comply with Euro 5 directives. The FD2, DC5 and EP3 engines to do have these ;)

Unfortunately, the balancer shafts act as constraint to performance and economy by adding frictional parasitic losses due to the bearingins, and windage parasitic losses due to the shafts rotating in a sump full of oil. There is also a weight saving.

We expect to see around 5% increase in power from installing this upgrade, which is a good value modification in our opinion :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
What pump is now being used? And what one was used before? Will these be re-tested by yourselves or do you expect the exact same gains as the previous version??

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What pump is now being used? And what one was used before? Will these be re-tested by yourselves or do you expect the exact same gains as the previous version??
Unfortunately they don't divulge much commercially sensite information.

We understand that the previous kit used a standard FD2 pump that underwent processing by Toda.

Toda make the same claims for the new kit as they did for the previous kit, and we have always found the integrity of their claims to be sound so have no reason to doubt that the new kit will be at least as good.

Hope this helps :)

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
so the balance delete kit that i had fitted at the end of march isnt inferior to the new one coming out?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the balance delete kit that i had fitted at the end of march isnt inferior to the new one coming out?
Correct, the only reason they gave for changing it was that the FD2 pump was no longer available from Honda :)

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
so are they claiming this to make better gains than the FD2 pump? are they sufficient to warrent to additional 100 quid or so?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
They used to be £390 plus vat.

Supplied and fitted including vat:
@Thurrock £960
@Warrington £864

Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

Thanks

Mark
sorry mark are these prices for the new pump or based on the old price?:popcorn2:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
so are they claiming this to make better gains than the FD2 pump? are they sufficient to warrent to additional 100 quid or so?
I expect it will be increased cost of acquiring parts at their end, or of the extra R&D required to make this kit without the availability of the existing FD2 oil pump.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't believe they are making any greater claims, and I suspect that the purchase price of the core materials have increased and passed on :)

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
I didn't hear anywhere that the new batch gave better gains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts