2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to get the best performance, engine power, efficiency, this exclusive exhaust manifold design takes into consideration not only the special characteristics of the K20Z engine but also the results of an extensive bench testing program.
A bench test (Equal length 4-2-1 + Taper) design
Ø45mm → Ø50mm → Ø55mm → Taper → Ø60mm
* A taper design is adopted from feedback from both racing and the bench testing.

Racing high flow collectors design

Each section of the manifold has optimized pipe lengths, diameters and angles as well as high flow collectors.

With the service adapter for A/F sensor

Made of light weight stainless steel for both durability and looks

Flange manufactured by high precision CNC machining center

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Whats the estimate of how long this takes to install?

·
Registered
492 Posts
plans toda a manifold that is road legal?

·
Registered
492 Posts
yep, that's right it is in our country not legal.
But a german seller have posted on his website, Toda plans a road legal manifold?
Have you any informations?

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
But a german seller have posted on his website, Toda plans a road legal manifold?
We haven't heard about this yet but I'll ask for you :)

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I have asked Toda in Japan about this for you and they say that they do not currently offer a road legal version, nor have they been asked to do one yet.

However they said that it is possible to to do so have asked us to provide a measure of potential interest.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I have asked Toda in Japan about this for you and they say that they do not currently offer a road legal version, nor have they been asked to do one yet.

However they said that it is possible to to do so have asked us to provide a measure of potential interest.
I doubt there would be much interest as it basically would end up the same price as the Mugen which is already available. I would have gone for it.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
it basically would end up the same price as the Mugen .
Hi Blade,

I'm not sure you're right when you consider that the Mugen manifold is almost £2800 (plus vat), whereas the Toda manifold is £1100 (plus vat) and the cost of a cat is likely to be approximately £500 (plus vat).

On this basis it seems to me that a Toda manifold with cat may be priced at around £1600 (plus vat), which I believe is significantly cheaper than the Mugen?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I would have a couple of people very interested in this.
we have been looking at an "Alternative" option ourselves for Toda exhaust owners in making a replacement center section with the cat in that.
that way you can still retain the best manifold option and have an easily swappable section if you require.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I would have a couple of people very interested in this.
we have been looking at an "Alternative" option ourselves for Toda exhaust owners in making a replacement center section with the cat in that.
that way you can still retain the best manifold option and have an easily swappable section if you require.
i would be very interest in some kinda toda mani with CAT option or easy removable apart to swap out come mot time!

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
This would be a viable option for people who want gains and also keep street legal. If marketed and designed correctly these would fly off the shelf IMO.

TBF BLADE I can't see how you can speak for the general populous of the tuning community regarding this being viable and worth it. We all have our own opinions and varying budgets and don't have accessibility to their own "Race Team" shall we say.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts