2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
With Spec-C on K24 you can easily go on 50 degree.
I had my Spec-E on K20 and I could go only max 30 degree, now on K24 Spec-E are on 41 degree. Of course it depends what bore and pistons would be used.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Hi, maybe anybody knows what safe VTC angles with Toda spec C camshafts in the K24 engine ? For K20 it's 45 deg. max.
Higher compression rate, lower VTC angles. If you would run K24 with stock compression rate (11:1) - without changing the pistons to higher compression rate, or thicker headcylinder gasket or skimming headcylinder, I think you won't find any problem to go full 50deg.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Higher compression rate, lower VTC angles. If you would run K24 with stock compression rate (11:1) - without changing the pistons to higher compression rate, or thicker headcylinder gasket or skimming headcylinder, I think you won't find any problem to go full 50deg.
lol, stock compression rate is 10.5:1 for K24a2 or K24a3, 11:1 has only new TSX 09+ and Accord CU2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi David, is your pistons stock or aftermarket? I assume k20 30vtc is with oem pistons and k24 41vtc is with aftermarket pistons. What is your peak hp and torque numbers, if you give information about your setup I will be happy.

Thanks.

With Spec-C on K24 you can easily go on 50 degree.
I had my Spec-E on K20 and I could go only max 30 degree, now on K24 Spec-E are on 41 degree. Of course it depends what bore and pistons would be used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.