2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any experiecnes with these? You have to run them with toda valve springs and an aftermarket ecu, i know but is there anything else? What sorta power gains or any sort of gains would i be looking at. Im not imagining and drastic gains but every little helps.

Thanks, Jack.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Anyone has any experiecnes with these? You have to run them with toda valve springs and an aftermarket ecu, i know but is there anything else? What sorta power gains or any sort of gains would i be looking at. Im not imagining and drastic gains but every little helps.

Thanks, Jack.
You need flashpro and you need toda valve springs!

BTW for moded K20 with IHE the best option is TODA A3 cams with Toda head gasket.

TODA E are great for frank K24. I think spec F are even better for k24 but not for K20

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
The Spec F cams require a very high compression ratio to be effective, and are specifically designed for high RPM applications.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I think you are building a car on a street I wouldn't go over A3 for a normal or upgraded compression rate running on normal fuel. In Japan you will not find any tuner which went beyond A3s (J'S Racing is using A2 cams, M+M Honda A3 cams). That's also very hard to find around the world people who are driving above A3s. As TDI said those cams need huge compression rate and huge RPMs. Fitting them up to a car with basic mods you might even get worse performance than leaving the OEM.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
I watched these also! but enquired about them with TDi before I bidded.

You need to do some work to get these to run on your engine.

Ebay Toda Spec F cams

You got them cheap though, would be nice if you got a profit out of them ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive bought spec f's off ebay. Can sell them again tho. Should be sweet to run them tho?
I dont think stock Fn2R k20 have enough CR to give you the sensation Sepc F is designed to .....

Like what marcin said A3 is big enough for stock K20 CR.....
:cool:

I am using more than 13CR in my K24 and I think the Spec F will give me good gains say 30more WHP???

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I am using more than 13CR in my K24 and I think the Spec F will give me good gains say 30more WHP???
CR is one, RPMs is the second factor. You can have 15:1 CR with possibility to reach only 7500rpms maximum, that's also cause those cams might not work as you wish. This is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hmmm Spec-F ? Interesting. Firtsly completely useless in k20 engine. K24 or even K26 with High comp ratio minimum 13:1. Spec-F as TDI mentoined works on high rpm level up from 7000rpm, so ??
Forged K24 reving up to 8500rpm is maximum so Spec-F are little bit saying too agressive. :rolleyes: I can see only one logic alternative. It's forged K26 102mm stroke with 13:5.1 comp ratio and reving up to 9500rpm otherwise forget about F's and use E's like me. This is my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts