2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was at the Honda dealer to make a test ride.

Some information he told me about the 2009-version I didn't find on this forum (but maybe I overlooked it):

Some colors are gone. (I only remember the dark blue going out).

What I haven't read before: there will be a new dark grey color. I really liked that one. They had a Civic with that color in the house. It also matches the new exterior plastic nicely (although it's not exactly the same color).

The screen of the navigation screen is about one third wider than the old version.

Also nice: The price of the 1.8 Silverstone dropped from 24.950 to 24.750 euro's (at least in the Netherlands).

Yes, I go for the 2009-version. It's not as daring as the previous version, but I liked it anyway.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Your making us envious, we have no official info about the 09MY in the UK.

I don't think they want us to have the improvements in the UK until the current 08MY are all sold. Then we will be offered models that have been stood in a field during the process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the SatNav wider?
I was not clear on this one. The Civic Silverstone has no navigation build in the dashboard, but a compact navigation which you can take with you. That one is one third wider than the one in the older Silverstone.

I see some countries don't have the Civic Silverstone. That's really bad, because the Silverstone has more features than the Sport and is also cheaper than the Sport! If I'm correct, the Silverstone was a promotion half a year ago and that was so succesful, they still haven't stopped it. I think the dealer didn't really like it because the Silverstone is so complete, it can't sell any extra's (to boost profit).

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I was not clear on this one. The Civic Silverstone has no navigation build in the dashboard, but a compact navigation which you can take with you. That one is one third wider than the one in the older Silverstone.

I see some countries don't have the Civic Silverstone. That's really bad, because the Silverstone has more features than the Sport and is also cheaper than the Sport! If I'm correct, the Silverstone was a promotion half a year ago and that was so succesful, they still haven't stopped it. I think the dealer didn't really like it because the Silverstone is so complete, it can't sell any extra's (to boost profit).
I was puzzled on this one so thanks for clearing this up...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I was at the dealer again and I bought the 2009 Civic (1.8 5-doors Silverstone).

I really liked the new color (polished metal). They had this same model in the showroom, so probably next week I can take it with me :)

Here's a photo of the 2009 Civic with the new color:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
New car

Very nice.:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
any sign of the 2009 sedan? i'm waiting for confirmation if the '09 sedan has the USB and AUX-in connectors. my dealer is clueless.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Great pic of the new colour - the first I've found anywhere. Thanks and good luck with it.

NickS

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes! Since a couple of days I'm the proud owner of the above model. :driver:

I'm very satisfied. The only disadvantage is that it's a bit noisy at high speeds. I don't think it's the engine, but the tires and the wind. There are no annoying rattles. (Yet).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts