2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we parked the civic at the Nurburgring and watched some races when all of a sudden a red Type R and a normal white civic drove by. Man it's nice to see them race. Last pic is a Porsche that burned down completely :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Been thinking about going there once, but to be honest, I'm a bit scared to park my car against the sidewall or something.

Any experiences anyone ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Nurburgring is some beast of a track. Driving fast and keeping the car in lane is something that the most people won't get done. Better visit the Hockenheimring. It's a nice wide track where normal street cars can be driven good.

And the most Autobahns around the Hockenheimring are no limit :D.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So how stupid do you look if you take your first run around the ring at slower speeds ? Just to get used to the first shock.

Or is that perhaps even more dangerous with all the DB9's and F430's flying past you ? I'd be a bit more comfortable having the track to my own for the first few laps :oops:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the first four pictures were made just before the curve where most cars tend to crash on the ring. People sitting there with their barbecues lit waiting for cars to crash :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oh great, so if I do decide to go, and I crash there, there'll be lots of people laughing and the pictures of the crash turn up all around the net :oops:

Guess I'll stick to my Playstation 3.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Well the first four pictures were made just before the curve where most cars tend to crash on the ring. People sitting there with their barbecues lit waiting for cars to crash :)

do they sit there because they forgot the BBQ and need something to cook the burgers on? :wink:

nice pics tho :D

PS - yet to make it round the 'ring on my 360 without crashing, so don't think I'll be trying it out in real life anytime soon... :oops:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It gets me nearly every time! The problem is the line of the trees hides the nasty little kink, and you end up a bit squiffy. AFAIR there is a big run off area there though.

THX, there are vehicles going round at all sorts of speeds, the key is to go round within your own comfort level. If you are a slowy, the only real issue is keeping an eye open for those significantly faster than you - you don't want to create a crash for them.

RING1.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove on The Ring last saturday with a Audi S-Line 4.2 Q7 a bit big for a race track but man it was fun. The accelleration on that car is stunning!!
I did 2 rounds just before the start of the 24 hours race.
The ring is just like Potsy said watch out behind you and dont try to be the fastest.....It usually ends bad for you and your car!!!!
Always drive at least 2 Laps!! and the first slow!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts