2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One word.....gutted.

She gets picked up next Saturday.

The Type R is the best car I have ever owned and I will miss it so bloody much.

I still dont know what's next. My only brief from the mrs is a 5 door family car.

Thanks for all the help and support this forum has offered, you are a great set of guys.

Stay safe

Steve ;)

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Cant go from a Type R to a 5 dr Civic.

We're looking at going down the BMW/Audi/Merc route for a few years until our forthcoming baby is a toddler and the mrs lets me buy a GT-R

We have a 4month old child and we bought a R to accommodate Lewis, you would be surprised how easy the 3 door is with the big doors and we have no problems like you do with 5 doors trying to lean over the child seat.

I hate to say it but you may regret selling your car if this is the only reason why you sold it.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
We have a 4month old child and we bought a R to accommodate Lewis, you would be surprised how easy the 3 door is with the big doors and we have no problems like you do with 5 doors trying to lean over the child seat.

I hate to say it but you may regret selling your car if this is the only reason why you sold it.
i will second that i got my r 2 weeks before my little girl was born and we have never had a problem :D

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

+1

And don't be snob about non Type R Civics, they do exist believe it or not... they may not be performance orientated, but are still very good cars and practical family cars.

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
What about an Audi Estate, say a Q7 V 12 500BHP 19 mpg? But plenty of space for the children and dogs and shopping.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mate I have two kids. One has 3 years and the other less than two. My Mrs has a small 4 drs family car and when we are going somewhere together we opt for hers. But the kids start crying cause they prefer my 3 drs type S Gt :) And we never had problems on seating them. It's quite comfortable due the huge door. In fact I opted for the Honda due its large interior. I am 2 meters tall and seeing my kids growing they will be the same :)... Opt for the second choice mate. Get rid of the Mrs :)

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I've got 2 kids and my wife prefers a 3 door because she can get directly behind the baby seat when putting it in. i think its the perfect family car, massive boot, plenty of room inside, and when the kids are not in the car you can hoon around on b roads.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts