2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been given an invitation to try the beta of TomTom go mobile on CarPlay. Has anyone else been invited onto this and if so what do you think? For me TomTom beats anything as far as avoiding traffic is concerned. My car is just in for the front sensors looking at at the moment but once out I’ll be checking out the CarPlay

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hi,

The easiest way to get on the Beta is to head over to Twitter and DM TomTom and ask them if they will sign you up.

The official Beta Page request is now closed, but they came back to me with a link to a Survey to fill in and then within 24 hours I had a link to Test Flight to download the current April Beta.

First impressions seem good, it's offering a similar to all the other Nav's with the familiarity of the Tom Tom maps and speech you are used to with a Hardware device.

There is still plenty of things missing, which sort of means i'm running Hardware Tom Tom and Car Play Versions together at present, so it will be interesting if they start to include more the elements people are used to on the Hardware and for that matter the Smartphone versions.... I'm guessing some of the issue will be the restrictions with Car Play...

Hope you get signed up and sorted.

Cheers
Darren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts