2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... where do you mount yours?

Plugging it in the ciggie lighter means the wire crosses the gear lever ... the windscreen is 5 miles away too! :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I may have to put a 12V Ciggie Lighter near the drivers right knee so the wire can run up the right hand side out the way.

How do you lot do it?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Yes it's all a great design, what with the ciggie lighter plug pulling out the guts of the socket and the lead draping across the dash. What a pain!!!! It's the only time I wish I'd bought a model with built in sat nav, but I dont like too many gadgets! The more you have, the more there is to go faulty.:(
BTW, better to use a map until you get a mile or two from your destination, then go over to SatNav:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I run a 12v extension socket from the gear stick unit to the console near the bulkhead. I then run the charging lead through the glove box to the TomTom which is attached to the left of the clock.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Take a look at these examples here as they may help :)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I thought the same..its a wiki page...with no info :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
For some reason that link is what comes up when you link to the actual page. How very odd.

In anycase, follow that link and just type 'Mounting solutions' into the search, and it's the first result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts