2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase my first Civic......
and have been looking online as well as everywhere else!??
I spotted this add in the online version of autotrader [where else?]
2009 civic EX diesel [on 58 plate ] £7,900 71,184 miles, from a company called: Motor Depot Car supermarket.
As it is 80 miles away from me I wondered if any one has had dealings with this company?
and also is it a good buy? as I am not up to speed yet.
Thankyou in advance

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I am looking to purchase my first Civic......
and have been looking online as well as everywhere else!??
I spotted this add in the online version of autotrader [where else?]
2009 civic EX diesel [on 58 plate ] £7,900 71,184 miles, from a company called: Motor Depot Car supermarket.
As it is 80 miles away from me I wondered if any one has had dealings with this company?
and also is it a good buy? as I am not up to speed yet.
Thankyou in advance
The words "car supermarket" would put me off straight away, I personally would go to a dealer as then you get "aftersales"'so if you are unfortunate enough to have a problem with the car you will find it easier to get it fixed.
Car supermarkets only care about the money not the customer

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I agree, the last car supermarket I went to shopping for a car with my GF just about every car had more dents on each one than I had ever seen in a lifetime!! Possibly destruction derby ex demo's? LOL Panels hanging off, trim missing etc

As you should know, if it sounds too good to be true...

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Its a barely 3 yr old car with almost 3 times the average amount of mileage on it. Ex fleet car. All the things I would personally want to avoid if buying a car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for your advice, never thought about the "Supermarket" moniker/
You have saved me a wasted trip down south [well at least to us up in Durham] Thanks once again.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Just shop around mate, there are plenty of civics on the Market. When you do find the right one you'll love it

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
go to honda used approved car man i have 2006 model bought from newton honda with 30.000 miles.maybe at the time of purchase i paid little more than car supermarket's average price but if i bought one with 70.000 miles just because it was ex model and black colour rather than my galaxy grey that car would have 100.000 miles now but at the moment i am not even halfway there and i am loving ( less wear and tear)

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
me personally as long as the car as a good service history the mileage shouldn't matter especially being a diesel barely run in at that mileage 80k is nothing, i have seen a diesel engine stripped down at 148k we couldn't see any sign of ware to the engine at the end of the day its all about what the car is worth to you.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
me personally as long as the car as a good service history the mileage shouldn't matter especially being a diesel barely run in at that mileage 80k is nothing, i have seen a diesel engine stripped down at 148k we couldn't see any sign of ware to the engine at the end of the day its all about what the car is worth to you.
+1

As long as the turbo isn't whining <--- And they should offer you the opportunity to purchase 1 years mechanical warranty anyway in case the turbo does go kaput.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I would only buy from honda or private

buying from anywhere else imho is just like buying private but you pay more money.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
I got mine from Croyland Car Mega Store (Rushden) and don't have any regrets... You also get the standard 3 months warranty from them and as I said already, you get offered to increase mechanical protection for a further year.

=32&used-car-search[auto_model_detail_id]=314&is_van=0&is_bike=0&auto_marque_detail_id=32&auto_model_detail_id=314&used-car-search[lower_price]=6500&used-car-search[price]=8500&used-car-search[mileage]=&used-car-search[auto_body_style_detail_id]=&used-car-search[engine_size]=&used-car-search[auto_transmission_detail_id]=&used-car-search[auto_fuel_type_detail_id]=] Croyland Car Mega Store (Rushden)

As per always I notice on my own link they have better cars (that lovely bronze colour) than the one I bought.. Hey Ho.. That's the way it goes !!

[edit]

Oooh.. What happened to my url ? It works but didn't shrink

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I got mine from Croyland Car Mega Store (Rushden) and don't have any regrets... You also get the standard 3 months warranty from them and as I said already, you get offered to increase mechanical protection for a further year.

=32&used-car-search[auto_model_detail_id]=314&is_van=0&is_bike=0&auto_marque_detail_id=32&auto_model_detail_id=314&used-car-search[lower_price]=6500&used-car-search[price]=8500&used-car-search[mileage]=&used-car-search[auto_body_style_detail_id]=&used-car-search[engine_size]=&used-car-search[auto_transmission_detail_id]=&used-car-search[auto_fuel_type_detail_id]=] Croyland Car Mega Store (Rushden)

As per always I notice on my own link they have better cars (that lovely bronze colour) than the one I bought.. Hey Ho.. That's the way it goes !!

[edit]

Oooh.. What happened to my url ? It works but didn't shrink
I think you might be the exception not the rule..

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Buy from honda for 8k you can get better and a 12 month warranty

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Its a barely 3 yr old car with almost 3 times the average amount of mileage on it. Ex fleet car. All the things I would personally want to avoid if buying a car.
So what you are saying Dan is to avoid any civic with miles over 71K....;)

and i was thinking Wife's 55 Plate SE with 142k on the clock was knackered... ( Its not BTW still go's like a rocket) :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.