2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed the oil yesterday and drove about 100 miles, no problems. Today I seem to have a kangaroo motion at slow speeds. Could be coincidence. Just checked my oil and it's overfilled, See picture. Think this could cause it?

Thanks
IMG_20170220_094043.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drain that excess at once. Too much oil in a Diesel could lead to a runaway event.

What oil did you put in it? As in grade?
It's castrol edge 0w30. I am now worried about driving it to a garage, there's one 4 mile away that said they would pump it out. Or I can get recovery (auto aid) to come out....

Gambling a bit!

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
was it diesel grade oil? Normal edge 0w30 is not suitable for diesel engines as the detergent content is not high enough to cope with the increased ash suspension.

If you changed the oil yourself, why don't you just crack off the drain plug a little and extract around 1L of it

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Or do what I did in my derv and run the engine without the oil cap on by accident and lost about a litre all over the engine bay, floor, face :laugh2:

(Tip, don't do that lol)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was it diesel grade oil? Normal edge 0w30 is not suitable for diesel engines as the detergent content is not high enough to cope with the increased ash suspension.

If you changed the oil yourself, why don't you just crack off the drain plug a little and extract around 1L of it
I think it was diesel oil. Bit not sure will check. I can pump it out myself but I'm in work 40 miles away and don't want to chance it to be honest. Might just take to local garage

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took it somewhere, they removed some oil (for free!) And made it home, so all seems well.

Checked the oil and it says suitable for both petrol and diesel engines so think I'm ok

Panic over!

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
Well I took it somewhere, they removed some oil (for free!) And made it home, so all seems well.

Checked the oil and it says suitable for both petrol and diesel engines so think I'm ok

Panic over!

all castroll edge bottles ive read say suitable for both diesel and petrol well every since they stopped doing the specific diesel grade anyway

·
Super Moderator
2,111 Posts
also ive owened my car over 7 years oil chnged many times using only castrol edge 0w30
over 160000 miles and still dont use any oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts