2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
sorry to say guys but lap time is one thing, driving feel is another...
this car with the very low tech suspension has lots of lots of understeer, what I feel on my car also! (on track days especially!)

I prefer the handling feel of the 7gen. CTR
I accept that I am slower if I have a really good driving feeling in the car.
I mean the car is turning actively!

but this 8gen. CTR is all about understeer... if u can get it right and u control the understeer u can be a bit faster than the old one!
But controlling understeer is booring, too easy, way less fun than play with the tail of the car!

That's my opinion! Still like the 8gen. but it's not a real R! The real R meant something else.....:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
sorry to say guys but lap time is one thing, driving feel is another...
this car with the very low tech suspension has lots of lots of understeer, what I feel on my car also! (on track days especially!)

I prefer the handling feel of the 7gen. CTR
I accept that I am slower if I have a really good driving feeling in the car.
I mean the car is turning actively!

but this 8gen. CTR is all about understeer... if u can get it right and u control the understeer u can be a bit faster than the old one!
But controlling understeer is booring, too easy, way less fun than play with the tail of the car!

That's my opinion! Still like the 8gen. but it's not a real R! The real R meant something else.....:(
But...but.... Do you actually own a type-R 8th gen? :p

And have you tested them both well on the track? dont think so....

Actually the laptime is a very good laptime, and after limits are reached, all cars eventually either oversteer or understeer...
Most frontwheel drive cars tend to understeer, so theres noting special about that!
If you provoke the FN2 it will allso oversteer, it comes down to the driver...
The GT version is a car that combines racing with comfort, so its not ment to be a "complete racer". Test the Racing version of FN2 wich has more racing setup and i think it will set a sec better laptime atleast!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
just tidying up - with thanks to Civic_Jaso for diggin out this old lap time for the facelifted EP3 :)

please note that this time does not appear on the current lap time board - possibly because it was done as part of the Golf GTi group shootout?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts