2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen Septembers TopGear Mag? They are doing a 'Lifer' review on the Pride and Joy (Page 182)

It the 2.2 i-CDTI ES (in red) (with 18" storms)

the tag line reads "I asked for my Civic to be red. With big wheels. Well, as everyone'll be looking at it anyway, may as well give them something special to gawp at'

All good no bad, I will try and scan it to 'quote'

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
That was one reason to get the Milano Red, although I will be honest I didn't think the Civic could do the metallic colours justice, I thought they were perhaps too classy for the radical shape of the car, but I was wrong, the more and more I see the metallic and pearl colours the more I realise the Civic is more than just a sporty shape, its a classy shape that can do justice to more serious colours.

·
Registered
975 Posts
look forward to the scan

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have OCR'd it but does not seem work in Vista :(

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Thanks a lot for that!

P.S. Did you get the Bond car chases DVD with you mag? Any good?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Copycat said:
Thanks a lot for that!

P.S. Did you get the Bond car chases DVD with you mag? Any good?
Picked it up at the Motorshow from a very attractive girl that really did not want to be there for half price (£2) so no DVD! I didn't know I missed out till now! Thanks! ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not only is there a Lifer review, but they have an article on the Type R as well in the Hot Hatch section. Which from last weeks episode of Top Gear as well, Mr Clarkson finally said something nice about a 2k6 Civic :D

Speaking of the Top Gear women on the stand, they did do the name justice :twisted:

I bought the mag in the shops the other day so I've got the DVD, it's ok nothing special tbh. Just some of the main car chases from the Bond movies. I'm not sure though if they have used the standard cuts or the new Ultimate Bond edition remastered scenes. The DVD case has the look of the Ultimate edition sleeves and on the back advertises that the new dvds are out in the shops.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I wonder if these extras are shipped with the magazines that are delivered here. Not with the ones that are on sale here I think, but if I were to order the mag directly from www.topgear.com

I've seen them packed with DVDs Books and even an "I am the Stig"-t-shirt! :cool:

Well anyway, great magazine if a bit pricey. € 8.80 per issue as I recall.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unguided said:
Speaking of the Top Gear women on the stand, they did do the name justice :twisted:
They were very nice. The Alfa girls on the other hand OMG! All it little black cocktail dresses!

One came up to me and asked if I needed any help, I explained I was fine and not very good at talking to beautiful women ;-) always does the trick :twisted:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maldax said:
They were very nice. The Alfa girls on the other hand OMG! All it little black cocktail dresses!

One came up to me and asked if I needed any help, I explained I was fine and not very good at talking to beautiful women ;-) always does the trick :twisted:
Well it was the girls on one of the shop stands that had me and a friend in stitches. It was the stand that was just at the entrance between the Shop zone and the exhibition hall. With the very skimmpy black clothing on, gathered in one corner when all of a sudden they just started screaming and running from the corner. Looked over at the area where they were to see a moth flying around :lol:

Guess I'll have to remember that chat up line thought, see how well it really does work :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maldax said:
Unguided said:
They were very nice. The Alfa girls on the other hand OMG! All in little black cocktail dresses!

Worth pointing out Wife and Kids were in the loo at the time!

·
Registered
975 Posts
good article

1 - 12 of 12 Posts