2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apologies if i'm going about this all wrong ... i've decided to jump in at the deep end!

I recently went to a totalmini.com top gear 09 meet/track day.
The cost was £40 per car and we got at least 4 x 5 laps

Again apologies for the newbieness, but are we the same sort of forum/club as totalmini.com?

Does anyone know how to arrange something similar?
Has someone here already organised the same/similar?

All i can say is the day was truly memorable, and i met so many great people.
I don't own a mini, but my nephew does.
I don't use the totalmini.com forum.
I knew no one.

So imagine how much fun it could be if the civinfo family got together.

The mini event attracted at least 100 cars.
There was a fast, medium and slow queue.
Cars went out in multiples of 6 led by a pace car.
Cars kept 3 lengths apart.
No overtaking.
Only minis allowed.

Does this sound appealing?
I would love to do my bit to make this happen.

I get my new CTRGT on the 1st of Sept, and i believe there is no filming at TG at the moment.

Anyone?

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Yeah, sounds like my cup of Tea! :thumbsup:

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know how to arrange something similar?
Has someone here already organised the same/similar?

By the way, this isn't aimed for people in the south.
I'm in the Midlands, but the TG site is where it is!

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK - i've got the name of the guy who organised the TG event at Dunsfold.
I'm not saying we have to do it in exactly the same manner, but please read this link and see if this sounds realistic for us - TG09 - Dunsfold Park - 11th July 2009 - £2,715.67 raised for charity! - totalMINI Forums

Maybe our site organisers/owners can do TG09 stickers to mark the occasion?
The mini event had commemorative t-shirts, lanyard etc for the entrants as part of a package.

Isn't or hasn't Honda just celebrated 30 years of racing or something?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
this looks great. The way totalmini set the day up was fantastic and plenty of money raised for charity. I would be interest if this is organised even though its the wrong end of country for me.

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont worry about the location, i met people from Luxembourg, Manchester, Newcastle...

Most people organised convoys along the major routes - and that was a real hoot in itself.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
This sounds Gangster, I'd be in if we got this sparked.

Can you imagine 40 CTR's in a row taking Gambon for the finish!! Quality!:cool:

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This sounds Gangster, I'd be in if we got this sparked.

Can you imagine 40 CTR's in a row taking Gambon for the finish!! Quality!:cool:
Hmmm not much of a spark so far though eh?

How can i get the owners/administrators of civinfo interested or onboard?

An event like this will raise our profile no end, and we can help a charity of our choice.

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
This would be cool. I think Honda is 100 soon so we could incorporate that into the event if you manage to get enough Civic's

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not being defeatist just realistic. I think this was a great idea, but it will not work for this forum/civics. Comparing how many people turn up for the average mini meet and 'only' from what i've seen of the meets for the civics; it's miles apart.
Maybe minis are bought by people of a different mindset.

Maybe if/when Honda are 100 something might happen. BMW hired Silverstone for 3 days for minis 50th. They even had a concert with Weller attending.

Sorry for my rant, but the lack of interest has upset me. Something of the TG scale cannot be done on my own, and i don't even have the authority, backing or indeed any interest from the people who run this forum.

Are there any other Civic forums?

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,666 Posts
id come :) so theres one more for the list. and i know at least 10 other civic drivers who are nearby who would come, just because they dont see this thread doesnt mean the forum isnt popular, it hasnt been organised it is merely an idea currently...

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
i agree cache...i know of a few civic owners that might be up for this.
try and set a date and see what response you get then.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
i'll be there sounds like a hoot i will be watching this thread very closely for that to happen

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would be interested as it could be a great memorable day.
i have done the suzuki gsxr day at brands hatch and two original mini events all the have been superb days out.They are all family orientated with bouncy castles,stalls,all fund raising with show cars, traders stands etc with track days for those wanting to take the car around the track.
great idea.

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,666 Posts
i have 2 passengers who really wanna come with their cars (bmw z4 and nissan s15) but i said civ's only :p so i will have 2 passengers. omg please get this ball rolling.

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Flipin' eck! There's life here :D

Tell you what, if there is any feasible way of getting this off the ground and done 'properly' then let's do it!
I'm not a control freak and i don't care who gets the glory for this but i'm more than willing to do whatever i can with whoever to make it happen.
My only wish is that we do it properly, even if it is actually booked for next Summer. We can democratically pick the charity of my choice (joke). Seriously we can even start a side post to choose a charity.
I really wish whoever it is/they are that run this site get behind this, as together we can make it the most successful Civinfo event to date. They can take the credit i really don't care. I just want us all to have one fun and memorable day.
Imagine how many people will get to know each other, it can only build friendships and forge old and current ones. The buzz on this forum will go to another level.

chrisb67 - If you have experience of organising anything close to this sort of event, can the ball start rolling?
For starters i think we will need to contact the aerodrome for: available dates; if they want to donate the circuit/site for the day as it's for charity; security etc.
I want the kids and everyone to be safe, so 'maybe' St Johns or at least first-aiders?
Pace cars? Qualified drivers? People to promote the event in whatever way we can think of?
Definitely new Civics only. Trust me i don't want to see anyone being silly just to prove their version is better. Entry strictly through the forum, deposits to be paid through a paypal account or similar (to be discussed/agreed).
I will try and get hold of the totalmini organiser to see if he is willing to help or start us off.
As for charities (again) i think a high profile one like Ormond St, Diabetes, or one one that maybe celebrating a milestone?

Whoa that's enough rambling!!!!!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Count me in - its a bit of a trek for me but I dont mind.

Also happy to come down in a convoy with other Scottish members.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts