2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone watch TG on Sunday Night?

JC mentioned that his mother wanted a new Civic and he was goin to buy one until she test drove it and said that every time she changed gear she felt like she was goin to go through the windscreen :!: :?: Mad old bat, wot she on about :?: :!: :?: :!:

Also did anyone notice the cool wall? JC had a large handful of cars to put up and near the end of the segment the next car in his hand was the Civic......waited and waited and that bit was cut, they never showed him putting it up. I guess we won't know then what part of the wall it was going to go on, I know where we'd all put it :D :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
587 Posts
Yeah that confused me a bit too, about the gear change.... :? :?

Can't say anything bad about the gear box in mine - it's as smooth as the wife's chocolate covered silk nightie! :wink:
 

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark996 said:
Yeah that confused me a bit too, about the gear change.... :? :?

Can't say anything bad about the gear box in mine - it's as smooth as the wife's chocolate covered silk nightie! :wink:
Wo wo wo, stop there tiger :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
He probably is talking about the auto.
I tried one recently and was advised to lift the throttle at the point of change to help with the jerky change. It is shockingly bad the way it changes :shock: Worst auto I have ever come across. I stopped the test drive after five minutes.

I am very suprised Honda allowed it to be put into production like this, it is really that bad!
I am so glad I waited for a test drive before ordering, unlike some who will trying this auto for the first time when their new car arrives.
 

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess Honda don't have as much money as Ferrari, their system is the same manual gearbox with auto clutch, they got it right finally so maybe Honda will one day, until then stick to auto boxes.
 

·
Galaxy class starship
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
I agree with nells. They must be talking about the automatic. The fact that they don't clarify this, goes to show how Clarkson has been anti-Civic since it came out. Maybe he doesn't like the styling, or perhaps it is the image that Honda has had as the elderly person's choice.

Anyway, in case you haven't read it already, here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say about it on the Sunday Times:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1935705,00.html
 

·
Definately Female!
Joined
·
2,966 Posts
I had HUGE problems with my gearbox - hence new gearbox and new clutch and then my refusal to take the car back!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Hi Kpow99,

Ferrari is owned by Fiat, and they nearly went belly up a few years ago.

So I think Honda should have the financial clout to design a decent

gearbox. For example, they designed and built a 2.2 diesel engine, which

the experts rate as the best. 8) :oops: :lol:
 

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elfa7 said:
Hi Kpow99,

Ferrari is owned by Fiat, and they nearly went belly up a few years ago.

So I think Honda should have the financial clout to design a decent

gearbox. For example, they designed and built a 2.2 diesel engine, which

the experts rate as the best. 8) :oops: :lol:
Yeah I know they owned by Fix It Again Tony, i was using a touch of irony, i'll put a wink in next time :wink:

Think the gearbox is good one, just that it sound like the Auto clutch is rubbish.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
That being the case, they should have delayed the auto, until the clutch

was sorted. :shock:
 

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
Joined
·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wonder who they got to test it, that is the big mystery, cos if it's as bad as the moto press say then what the hell was going on?!?!?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Copycat said:
I agree with nells. They must be talking about the automatic. The fact that they don't clarify this, goes to show how Clarkson has been anti-Civic since it came out. Maybe he doesn't like the styling, or perhaps it is the image that Honda has had as the elderly person's choice.

Anyway, in case you haven't read it already, here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say about it on the Sunday Times:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1935705,00.html
Was reading this article. My knowledge of the english language is not of 100% but from what i understand, the review is not that good, i'm i correct?

What are the sellings like in england? Is the previed disacter on sales has bad as Clarkson says?
 

·
Galaxy class starship
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
BigBoysToys said:
Copycat said:
I agree with nells. They must be talking about the automatic. The fact that they don't clarify this, goes to show how Clarkson has been anti-Civic since it came out. Maybe he doesn't like the styling, or perhaps it is the image that Honda has had as the elderly person's choice.

Anyway, in case you haven't read it already, here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say about it on the Sunday Times:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1935705,00.html
Was reading this article. My knowledge of the english language is not of 100% but from what i understand, the review is not that good, i'm i correct?

What are the sellings like in england? Is the previed disacter on sales has bad as Clarkson says?
I think the long waiting times speak for themselves. Granted they aren't as bad in the UK, I think it still shows how they are selling more cars than they are making at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Copycat said:
BigBoysToys said:
Copycat said:
I agree with nells. They must be talking about the automatic. The fact that they don't clarify this, goes to show how Clarkson has been anti-Civic since it came out. Maybe he doesn't like the styling, or perhaps it is the image that Honda has had as the elderly person's choice.

Anyway, in case you haven't read it already, here's what Jeremy Clarkson had to say about it on the Sunday Times:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1935705,00.html
Was reading this article. My knowledge of the english language is not of 100% but from what i understand, the review is not that good, i'm i correct?

What are the sellings like in england? Is the previed disacter on sales has bad as Clarkson says?
I think the long waiting times speak for themselves. Granted they aren't as bad in the UK, I think it still shows how they are selling more cars than they are making at the moment.
Would be nice to ask Clarson to comment is article .... :D ... maybe sending an email to the Sunday Times ?!?!? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
basegreen said:
His "reviews" are 2/3 hyperbole and self-indulgent "humour" and 1/3 car info.
Dont know what its like in england but here Topgear is a very appreciated program. Though I dont ever know when it comes on ... and always see the reports later on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,004 Posts
BigBoysToys said:
basegreen said:
His "reviews" are 2/3 hyperbole and self-indulgent "humour" and 1/3 car info.
Dont know what its like in england but here Topgear is a very appreciated program. Though I dont ever know when it comes on ... and always see the reports later on.
The TV programme is mainly supercar "reviews" and mess abouts.

His Times articles are very very self-indulgent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts
you have to an in depth knowldge of cars to decifer his nonsense and what is actually trueful.

I dont blame him in particular because we all make jokes about cars, but i think the media and his employes exploit him in this manner as it attracts more average joes who are less interested in the actuall cars.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top