2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New episode today!
I just hope they do something with the new Civic, and don't just ignore it like they do with many of the other more reasonably priced cars.

Any other fans of the greatest motoring show?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have been trying for months to get tickets, but they are booked up for ages :(

·
您看了
456 Posts
On the series preview you can clearly see a scene with James May driving a car and saying

"Now I like an engine noise as much as the next man but...."

He's driving a Civic at the time (You can see part of the wheel and the drivers door)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
CivPilot said:
On the series preview you can clearly see a scene with James May driving a car and saying

He's driving a Civic at the time (You can see part of the wheel and the drivers door)
Bet he's talking about the V-tec :wink:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Kpow99 said:
CivPilot said:

Bet he's talking about the V-tec :wink:
erm..... it didn't sound like he was going to end the comment on a positive note by the inflection in his voice. :? (I've underlined the particular word in question)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, is the car too noisy in your opinion? I guess he might have gone on about something else, but supposedly he's complaining about the cars sound proofing or something related to that.

Oh yeah, and I heard they'll have a new member on the Top Gear team this series.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Well the engine is a little loud, but it sounds so sweet you can forgive it.

It's certainly better than the rattle. At 70-75mph. I have no problems with cabin noise on the 17s and the 1.8i

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Told you it would be th V-tec :D :D :D Good review overall, nothing we don't already know though and exactley what all the other Moto Journo's have said.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
What a waste of space that was :x . Top gear is a funny prog to watch, but as far as reviews go, unless you have just won the lottery you may as well pick up the national tabloids on a Friday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah Top Gear used to be so much better.

That civic 'review' was just a bunch of marketing pictures of the car and some vague stuff about being able to hear the engine (being a diesel driver that's never going to affect me!!)

Oh well, it could have been worse I suppose; they could have run a test where they compare it's acceleration to a bus load of nuns or something stupid like that.

Marcus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree. Although Top Gear is entertaining the Civic feature was a bit sketchy, but a good review overall.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Well I didn't think that Top Gears Civic review was bad at all.

It's what made me BUY a civic!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts