2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I used genuine Honda top mounts on mine. I’m sure there are some good aftermarket ones that someone else here can recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the genuine ones from honda
Found them on cox parts, always forget to look on their, do you know if they do price matching, found 2 front shocks for around £180 from Autodoc(think these are inGermany) but on cox they are £140 just for the 1.

·
Super Moderator
2,248 Posts
Autodoc and most of those cheaper websites are based in Germany but none the worse for it apparently.
Just scroll right to the bottom of a page and see the ownership details there.

·
i-Vtec
3,830 Posts
I used Borg & Beck Top Mount (BSM5507) & SKF Strut Bearings (VKD 75020 Twin Pack)

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I’ve found aftermarket top mounts noisy/clunky despite lots of checking info fitting etc. May have just been unlucky but it doesn’t help that they as positions right up near/under the screen on these cars so easier to hear from the Cabin

Try to go genuine if you can and for the shocks themselves just got with the cheapest reputable seller.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve found aftermarket top mounts noisy/clunky despite lots of checking info fitting etc. May have just been unlucky but it doesn’t help that they as positions right up near/under the screen on these cars so easier to hear from the Cabin

Try to go genuine if you can and for the shocks themselves just got with the cheapest reputable seller.
Found the shocks on autodoc and looked at the part numbers against the info wilmo supplied, I have asked cox parts to see if they can price match autodoc, might be a big ask really for them to come down due to these testing times we are seeing at the moment..waiting to hear a reply before I purchase these.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I wouldn’t hold your breath. Cox would never price match with auto doc. They charge these prices just for the Honda sticker on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have ordered the front shocks from Autodoc, what parts do I require now with the top mounts to complete the job for fitment

·
i-Vtec
3,830 Posts
You will need drop links, unless they have been changed lately. If its the original Hondas they will be seized solid and need cut/ground off.
If you have a 1.8 I doubt you will need new bump stops or dust covers but have a look and see if you can inspect these.
Could be worth while seeing if the lower shock bolts will all come off freely too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You will need drop links, unless they have been changed lately. If its the original Hondas they will be seized solid and need cut/ground off.
If you have a 1.8 I doubt you will need new bump stops or dust covers but have a look and see if you can inspect these.
Could be worth while seeing if the lower shock bolts will all come off freely too.
Do I need more of a sturdier drop link, im fitting eibach progressive springs at the same time. Will this be to much extre load for oem links, seen these on euro car parts(Lemforder Anti-Roll Bar Link 32.99 each) do you think these will suffice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts