2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any else had issues with the above?

Admittedly, I've had quite a few things replaced when my car was under warranty - steering rack, NSF shocker and top mounts. Now my OSF top mounts sound like they're gone.

The car makes a clunk at certain points in a turning circle at low speed - moving around a car park for example.

My car was an ex-rental, so I'm fairly sure that provides explanation for these faults.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's been thrown over a few speed humps , did the drop links get checked ?
Garage seemed to think it was the mounts. It's kinda like a click/clunk when I move steering at low speed, drop links not usually noticeable just driving over wee bumps on the road?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,722 Posts
Garage seemed to think it was the mounts. It's kinda like a click/clunk when I move steering at low speed, drop links not usually noticeable just driving over wee bumps on the road?
was getting a similar noise before I changed all my suspension, occasional twang knock type sound when turning was identified strut bearing and top mount on mine ..can you try this if you put your steering on full lock and go round in a circle does it clunk continuously if it does then it could be outer cv joint... if not strut bearing/mount is likely cause..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was getting a similar noise before I changed all my suspension, occasional twang knock type sound when turning was identified strut bearing and top mount on mine ..can you try this if you put your steering on full lock and go round in a circle does it clunk continuously if it does then it could be outer cv joint... if not strut bearing/mount is likely cause..
Makes sense then that the garage said they'd done quite a few of these jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts