2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Honda are still doing well for reliability no matter what problems you read about here:

Reliability Index :: how reliable is your car?
Citroen right after Toyota, how they did it, beats me [smilie=fixtit.gif]

OK maybe the Citros don't break down on the road that often, but they tend to have a minor annoyance once every 2 weeks, I must know I've had several... I guess it's done with some statistical trickery. This way every manufacturer will soon be able to present the result he had paid for to his unsuspecting victims... err... customers

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Honda are still doing well for reliability no matter what problems you read about here:

Reliability Index :: how reliable is your car?
One minor problem this survey only includes up to Civic 01 onwards. The survey is run by Warranty Direct and all current (06 onwards) Civics (except the minority that have over 90,000 miles) are still in the hands of the Manufacturer, not external Warranty companies.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Worst one .... Renault, just after Mercedes !

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Great news for those who've had petrol filler cap problems, squeaks, rattles, hand brake failure, suspension creak, scratched fascia, worn seats, broken fog lights, poor paint, dangerous i-Shift delay...

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,262 Posts
This survey doesn't include 8th generation civic. I think that this generation will have worst reliability ranks than the previous generation but it will still be better than every other european car.
The main problem is the comfort coming out from the suspension. If they solve this then we will be on top again.

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,262 Posts
Who buys a Daihatsu?
In Greece we buy their small SUV Terios. It's a fair deal due to its 1.5lt engine and it's off road abilities. Believe me...Greece is a country that these abilities are very useful...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
My mate runs a Diahatsu van, about the same size as a Transit.

It's been smashed into, by other road users on two occasions and on both the insurance co wrote it off.

My mate bought the wreck and repaired it himself on both occasions.

It's now done over 150,000 and all he has had to add have been new tyres and some new shoes.

......and you're running them down!

"I'll always remember my Grandfathers last words,
Look out, the brakes have gone!"

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
My mate runs a Diahatsu van, about the same size as a Transit.

It's been smashed into, by other road users on two occasions and on both the insurance co wrote it off.

My mate bought the wreck and repaired it himself on both occasions.

It's now done over 150,000 and all he has had to add have been new tyres and some new shoes.

......and you're running them down!

"I'll always remember my Grandfathers last words,
Look out, the brakes have gone!"
I've just had a thought!

Diahatsuinfo.com

Do you think it will catch on;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts