2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This months issue has a Type-R verus The Stig feature and poster, I'll do the usual as soon as i get my hands on a copy!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
guess I know where I'll be spending my money for my train trip to London tomorrow then! :D

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top o' the pile! If The Stig like's it, it's good enough for me! If people want the review I'll type it out, but please say first...it's a lot of writing!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Top o' the pile! If The Stig like's it, it's good enough for me! If people want the review I'll type it out, but please say first...it's a lot of writing!
Perhaps you could use a scanner...? If you don't have one I do in the office at work. Would have to wait until Monday tho...

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Is it not available anywhere on line??

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They don't publish magazine articles on the website sadly. And my scanner decided not to work a while back.

·
您看了
456 Posts
I have it, just no acess to a scanner.
Well typing it out and posting it hear could get Pottsy in trouble. I know for a fact that a few magazines watch forums ;) and the article and everythign in it is copyright of topgear/BBC. So probably best let either someone else scan in "a portion" or people buy thier own copy of the mag.

Alternatively instead of using others hard thought out words why not go and test drive the car yourself and then type up that review? :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Or you can scan it, put it on rapidshare in a zip/rar file, and post a link here named "Jessica Alba is a hot new hatch" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Potted Review (Sort of!)

Well, I can't remember ALL of the cars that they reviewed but here's a few things I do remember....

Honda Civic Type-R

Apparently he liked the way it goes, stops, corners and sounds... even likes the understated (for honda) but bonkers angular look - says its right on the money so that's why its at the top of the pile!

SEAT LEON CUPRA(?)

Well they liked the way it looked, in that yellow, with the big arches and race car kit, but apparently it was a bit too powerful for proper booting, and the interior "was designed by a 7 year old child" - have to admit, that the interior of the SEATS does disappoint somewhat... and why make 3 flavours of the SAME damned thing?!

MEGANE R26

They liked this quite a bit I think - but said that it was a bit too hardcore to live with every day (and nowhere near as good as anything else, mainly cos its French and not terribly screwed together well!)

MEGANE 225

As above

MAZDA3 MPS

They said that the performance was stonking for such a bland car. But it was expensive and just lacked that finesse you'd expect of a hot rod.
Did I say it was boring to look at too? lol

FOCUS -ST

Quite liked this. More than the Megane's I think, said it was a close call for this and the Civ. I'm thinking that this got pipped because after all, its a FRAUD isn't it?!

VW GOLF GTI S30

Limited Edition 30th Anniversary Golf GIT.... Can't remember where this scored.... I think it did ok, but was nowhere near the top of the chart, saying that its just too flabby to be a proper nutter car.....

Well that's me £2 worth... if I am incorrect in any way, or can be remotely bothered to properly order the stats, then I will edit it later - please don't hassle me, its from memory and I read the article at 11.30pm when I was knackered!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I find it pretty hard to believe Top Gear magazine would take offense. After all in a recent blog entry on TopGear.com their Executive Producer Andy Wilman said he likes to log on to FinalGear.com forums after each show to read the viewers comments. And finalgear.com is famous for providing their own torrent downloads for both Top and Fifth Gear.

Read that blog entry here if you haven't already.
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/026-top-gear-us-special/

And besides, I will be buying a copy anyway. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts