2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else using torque pro with their Obd2 bluetooth, if so I was just wondering what's the optimum car profile is for a 2.2 diesel civic is?
Have no idea about the psi adjustment and all that, just hoping someone can tell me, want the best readings possible

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention my car is remapped so what would no change? And gray fox, it doesn't say what psi adjustment to put down?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have a crack in my manifold so maybe that's where a couple of psi is escaping, oh and what would you put down for the total weight of the car including driver and fuel etc.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Be aware that the boost figure given by the Torque app is a calculated figure, not true figure. It is calculated as MAP -14.7 PSI which is atmospheric pressure at sea level (unless you skew this figure on purpose)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be aware that the boost figure given by the Torque app is a calculated figure, not true figure. It is calculated as MAP -14.7 PSI which is atmospheric pressure at sea level (unless you skew this figure on purpose)
So you're saying I need to press -14.7 psi

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
no - i'm saying that the figure presented by the isn't 100% correct because it is not adjusting for altitude ie the figure will only be correct if you were travelling at sea level.

Looks like Mountain Ash is approx 150m above sea level - either ways I would use the boost figure as a guideline and not a definite.

If you log the data and then export the csv to your PC you can manipulate the results as it records altitude, so throw in a factor based on the altitude and then take that reading off the MAP to give your (truer) boost reading

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no - i'm saying that the figure presented by the isn't 100% correct because it is not adjusting for altitude ie the figure will only be correct if you were travelling at sea level.

Looks like Mountain Ash is approx 150m above sea level - either ways I would use the boost figure as a guideline and not a definite.

If you log the data and then export the csv to your PC you can manipulate the results as it records altitude, so throw in a factor based on the altitude and then take that reading off the MAP to give your (truer) boost reading
Thanks mate that's sounds more like what I'm going for anyway just a guide rather than definite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts