2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody reported a problem with the Honda Navigation System where the system will just lock up? When it does this, it often displays a bunch of extra straight lines across the screen, but it always freezes the location of the vehicle, the time on the clock does not changes, the buttons become unfunctional (i.e., you can't change from the map screen to the audio screen, etc.). The only thing you can do when it freezes is turn the audio (radio) off and adjust its volume. The only fix is to pull over and stop the car for 60 seconds (any amount of time less than 60 seconds leaves the system in the locked up configuration it was in when turned off). The 60 second reset causes the system to re-boot when restarted. This is very inconvenient and potentially dangerous if you were trying to navigate in unknown territory. It doesn't just happen when displaying the map screen. I have had mine freeze when just the clock is being displayed or when the audio screen is displayed. I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this and discovered the fix.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mine hasn't done that.

It has occasionally (twice in a year I think) stopped directions with a particular junction frozen on the screen - and the main map still moving normally underneath. Clearing the current journey - then re-selecting from 'todays destinations' (or favourites??) has cleared this on both occasions.

Since I have heard it is Windows CE based (is this right) it seems remarkably free from lock ups etc!!!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
first I've ever heard of this one also, and would agree on the DVD as the first thing to check :)

hopr you get it sorted soon! :D

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
It has happened before (clicky), but no solution has been mentioned. A pound says that it's a faulty/dirty DVD or lens though... Mine hasn't glitched in more than a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts