2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, totally new to civics and Honda as a whole. Previously owned Seats and latterly a mercedes c220 (junker)!

I am picking up my black 2008 SE I-cdti 2.2 85'000 miles tomorrow and very excited. Have read lots of positive things about these cars,so hope I am left impressed by my new purchase!

Any good tips I need to know from get go. Also when I give it the test drive tomorrow, how to improve check if clutch is slipping? That's the main thing I have heard about,and is it expensive to replace if needed?

Thank you, and any hints and tips welcomed as complete Honda civic virgin!!

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Hi and welcome

A clutch is a wear and tear item really on a car, especially on a car approaching 100k as you just don't know how it's been driven previously.

It may have another 100k left in it, it may have another 1k. If you check it isn't slipping now and budget for a replacement in the future you should have a very nice dag dag Civic that should last you many happy years :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, what is the best way to check for slipping?? Is it have it 5th gear, put foot down on throttle and if revs move quicker than the speedo then the clutch is slipping??

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: Kath & :welcome4: to :civinfo::thrasher:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hello and welcome kath ☺

1 - 16 of 16 Posts