2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Was in the honda showroom gawping at type s civs again, was talking to the dealer and was asking about the GT-T at which point he said, 'oh well it doesn't have that sat nav, it's now a touchscreen which will sit where the stereo controls are.'

Has anyone heard of this, and even better, got any pictures of it?

Cheers,
Andy

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice one!
Looks a bit strange for some reason, where are all the buttons!
Plus i think the old location is actually better, it's closer to the road so you don't need to look down at it

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
nice one!
Plus i think the old location is actually better, it's closer to the road so you don't need to look down at it
I agree... as mentioned I think the EX GT is still the old style nav.

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i know a couple of people on here at least have got the new touchscreen sat nav.
Anyone kind enough to share some photos?

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I have to admit I do like the 'cleaner' look of the dash with that system... The dash doesn't have the crazy amount of buttons! But it has become like every other manufacturers satnavs... I.e too low down. The great thing about the original screen is that it's in line with vision even when concentrating on the road.

Also is the new T system inferior in any way to the original system? Just seems strange to keep the top of the range 5dr model and the type R with the original system. It'd be great to have bothtouch screen and original screen!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
nice one!
I think the majority agree :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dont like that new one.... looks much like the stereo in my passat... which doesn't touchscreen...

Older one is better... like what I am getting with my EX (he hopes) - everything is line-of-sight...

Oh honda, why oh why do you seem to be doing the unthinkable....

REGRESSING = DEPRESSING!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a new 3 door 1.8 Type S GT-T on order and am now confused as to which type of sat nav I will get with it. Will it be near the windscreen (like the one I test drove and really liked) or the touch screen version lower down where the stereo is? Which is better?

Thanks for any replies!

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you will be getting a touchscreen which will be positioned where the radio control buttons usually are.
As for which is better, it's really individual opinion. A lot of people agree that the screen was in a better position on the older sat nav, but some people prefer the fac they have a touchscreen that can also now play dvd's

Have a look in the 2009 civic section, i'm sure there's a merged thread all about it.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Sorry but that new Sat Nav unit looks horrid, too low down and looks like a tacky Kenwood one form Halfords. I much prefer the one i have in the EX.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts