2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above - how are the roof rails removed?

I can see some little covers on the top of the rails - do these pop off? if so how? Are the fixings underneath, or do i need to remove the headlining too?

My SR spec car has silver rails - want to either swap them for black of a base model or get wrap them.

TIA.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The fixings are under the covers you can see on the tops of the rail, thou you have to destroy the covers to remove them, best way is to drill a 3mm hole in the middle and use a self tapping screw to make a handle to use pliers to pull the covers off.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fixings are under the covers you can see on the tops of the rail, thou you have to destroy the covers to remove them, best way is to drill a 3mm hole in the middle and use a self tapping screw to make a handle to use pliers to pull the covers off.
thanks - that's great info. i'll have a play later to see if there is a way i can try to prize them off without damaging. worst case i guess i'll have to buy some new covers if i break them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you try to prize them up at the edge you will more than likely damage the paint on the roof bars, the caps are quite tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts