2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
To my understanding it just unbolts underneath mate

And you can send it to me when you are done if you want? haha!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Except electrics it should just unbolt I believe.

Though if its a proper honda one this will be fitted behind the rear bumper and is in place of the original crash bar. So you may need another crash bar or to take a good look over it to see if it would unbolt elsewhere.

I am going to have a quick search around for more info now.

I would definitely pay the postage for it :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Right if its a factory fit - you will need a replacement crash beam and to take the rear bumper off to do so. Geemac has a detailed how to in his 5dr Type R conversion thread on the "How To" section.

If its an aftermarket it will most likely just unbolt from structural points underneath so you'll just need to get under and have a good look around.

Let me know how you get :)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Don't think there will be a way to differentiate until you get under the back end and have a look buddy, unless it has something tell tale plastered all over it like Witter etc etc...???

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
That looks like a Honda one... not sure though, yeah maybe though, I think Honda charge £65 for them...

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Not sure mate :(
Hopefully someone will be along soon to help!!!

Let us/me know how you get on!

·
grease monkey
132 Posts
it's a shame your so far away, i could of helped remove it for you. even if it is a witter one, will still fit the same as the honda one.
i'm also pretty sure that honda's genuine one is made by witter anyway.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
any luck getting it off?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.