2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the point in these, is it just for looks ? And how exactly do they work, as looking at rear bumper the little hook underneath is welded on ?

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Mainly used as a recovery point for if you bin it on the track but a popular visual mod here and in th japanese domestic market jdm. I machine and sell improved strength versions of these in the traders section. Everyone whos had one gives positive feedback!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Also they bolt through existing recovery points and are an extension of such. Which could save unneccesary damage from ropes etc too!

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
my friend was trying to tell me that if someones hits the back of me with this on that it might cause structural damage? has he got a point?
My friend hit the back of my SE last year, it was at very low speed around 5mph (numpty was looking the other way), And it save the rear bumper of my car, the tow hook took all the impact, broke his headlight clips and made a nice little dent in his bonnet (his car is very slammed). So for that they are good but i have it for the looks. Im guessing in a high speed collision its not going to cause any more damage than the car hitting you. Mine is on fairly tight but im sure if i stood on it it would slowly move down so that probably the best idea

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Mainly used as a recovery point for if you bin it on the track but a popular visual mod here and in th japanese domestic market jdm. I machine and sell improved strength versions of these in the traders section. Everyone whos had one gives positive feedback!

If you make tow hook can you make fancy looking battery tie bars to fit the FN2, I have looked at the TEGIWA ones but not so keen, if you can i'd be very interested [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Depending on dimensions and design possibly...
A decent technical drawing with dimensions etc would help...

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depending on dimensions and design possibly...
A decent technical drawing with dimensions etc would help...
This would be epic, and im contemplating one of your tow hooks buddy was looking at the thread last night, just dont want it to look daft with the GP kit as you can see the fixing points apparently.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
It certainly looks to show more of the hook with the gp pack as the bumper cuts in rather than sticks out. Could do with some better pics really of it on the gp pack but dont want to hassle people and dont know anyone nearby to trial fit for photos. Let me know if you want one though.

If someone can provide a drawing of a battery strap i could probably provide it depending on the prices people want to pay of course. Someone like tegiwa may be able to do them cheaper than me... Not seen them if anyone could link me to one that would be great!

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
I can't decide if I like the tow hook look or not. Sometimes I think it looks pretty cool but sometimes I think they look just way too big and stupid. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.