2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i know a few people on here have tow straps and the hooks on here. i have just ordered off ebay a tow strap and will be fitting it to my car but i was wondering what the thread size was for the toe bolt so i could got the correct bolt easily without guessing an having to get a few sizes to get the correct one would be grateful if anyone knew an could let us know

cheers nabs

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
If you had bought one of the ones I machine off then I would have supplied the bolts ;)

Can't remember what size they are off hand either, if you don't know by weekend I will wander into the garage and check.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
for some reason I thought this said hook...
I did however find this!
Tow Strap Fitting Guide (EP3)

Ps I know its ep3 but same principle applies I am sure.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Pretty sure most small hardward shops will have M12 bolts you will want hardened ones though.
I am sure I have a shed load in the garage...

Out of curiosity how much are these? They look to be a VERY easy bit of something to knock up!!!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Haha thank god, I thought it might have been one of those massively overpriced bits of kit then!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where would you position the front strap nabs_type_R?
I was thinking of removing one of the small panels on the front bumper that are used for the solid tow eye that comes with the car then have it through this as behind there the is the proper towing point for the car.

So it will be positioned just the same as a solid one on the front that u can get from tegwia or j's but just having the strap.

I have seen a few pictures of it done on here an i think it looks good but cant find any at this moment :(

Reactions: cra1g_manutd

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure most small hardward shops will have M12 bolts you will want hardened ones though.
I am sure I have a shed load in the garage...

Out of curiosity how much are these? They look to be a VERY easy bit of something to knock up!!!
TRS TOW STRAP LOOP EYE MSA COMPLIANT *BLACK* CIRCUIT RACE | eBay

that what i have got only £9.50 an thats all i needed to know M12 thanks a lot mate :D

i can get the bolts from work an cut it to size no bother

cheers fellas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.