2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I really need your help.
I've bought, and my son has fitted to my 2008 2.2EX, a new Wittter Detachable Towbar, model HN61AQ, and a Universal, No Bypass Single Electrics Kit. My son has connected the electrics but because of the complications of things like Canbus systems - which I gather from this forum and from talking to an engineer at Johnsons Honda in Milton Keynes, there isn't one - I'm still loathe to connect this to my trailer without knowing that it is fully cabled correctly :(.
We have been unable to get info on the wiring loom colours and, although Ian has connected the electrics, the way that the 7 pin physical connector scopes out shows some intersting anomolies. For instance Ian said that on one connector there was 5v and then when one of the lights was switched on, the 0 volt line went to -5v which put a potential; difference of 10V across the lights making them brighter, ( he was doing this and I can't remember which light this was, but does that sound correct? :facepalm:, Is this the usual method of increasing voltage to e.g the brake lights to increase illumination when you press the brake pedal, or is this a Honda method, - or is something wrong? :confused:)
What I really need is the colour coding of the cables in the loom and what lights they should connect to. I also could do with the pin associations that are on the 7 pin connector, because the document that came with the electrics didn't have this, so I don't know which pin on the connector should go to which light.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

G :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
What kind of plug is it?

Single round 7 pin
Double round 7 pin
Single round 13 pin
Other

Single round 7 pin

Double round7 pin

Single round 13 pin

By the looks the single 7 and double 7 primary are the same, it just has extra pins for powering extra things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are the man Greyfox :D. That's fantastic.

Its a single round 7 pin. Can you help with the loom?

Cheers G

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Greyfox.

I'll have a word with Ian and see if he needs this. He scoped the loom cables and I think he knows which are which, but if not I'll talk to Cox. MG.

Cheers, G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts