2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said a towbar was available (at a price!!) from Honda. I have checked with Towsure and thay said not available. Towequip suggested that one for the 8th generation Civic may fit. Does any one know if this is the case please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I just wondered if the new exhaust outlet position would cause problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can not, I will not be buying. I am hanging on for the 1.6 diesel anyway. Hopefully available in the autumn?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
So you're now allowed to tow with the 9th Gen?
Never been an issue.

If I can not, I will not be buying. I am hanging on for the 1.6 diesel anyway. Hopefully available in the autumn?
As per the tow bar pricing i've just posted, I think you can see you can tow with no problems.

1.6 dtec wont be around until the tail end of the year i'm told.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a towbar fitted as part of the purchase deal from my local Honda dealer. They had some trouble with the electrics but it is fine now.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Alidaf.
Thanks for the update. Considering diesel with towbar. Told by dealer you can have a detachable one, which I would prefer. Also said you can have different number of pins for trailer / caravan.
What sort did you get and how expensive.
Thanks.
Enjoy your new vehicle.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Alidaf.
Thanks for the update. Considering diesel with towbar. Told by dealer you can have a detachable one, which I would prefer. Also said you can have different number of pins for trailer / caravan.
What sort did you get and how expensive.
Thanks.
Enjoy your new vehicle.
Check the price list out that I posted earlier in this thread, it shows ALL the Honda towbar options and the nationally fitted prices.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Dan.
Many thanks for that.
Just need to find out the difference between a 7 pin and 13 pin.....................
As you probably guessed. New to this towing. Current car really unsuitable!

·
Registered
94 Posts
7 pin are the "UK" norm, with 12s(grey) and 12n(black) sockets. The 12n(or normal) socket supplies power for all rear lighting on the caravan/trailer/bike rack etc. The 12s(or supplementary) supplies power to the caravan itself, for charging the onboard battery, powering the internal lights and for running the 12v fridge. If you are only towing a trailer or have a bike rack, the grey socket isn't really necessary but can balance things up, if you are being particularly anal, lol! No offence. The 13 pin is the Euro norm, and combines all the functions of the UK "twins" into one. However, you may need an adaptor to convert your 13 pin socket to 7 pin and if you are towing a caravan, and depending how old or where its from, you may need an adaptor with two leads, one to the grey plug on the caravan, and one which goes to the black plug on the caravan. Please note that the opposite also applies, if you have a European caravan you will need an adaptor with a socket to connect to the caravan, which then has two plugs to connect to your car if you opt for the seven pin set up! Also, no matter what the system, you will also require a repeating buzzer for indicators and a split charge relay for charging the caravan battery. This is probably as clear as mud, but any good caravan retailer will be able to help you out. Hope this is of use to you.:worms:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Sadly you are right about the mud, although I am grateful for your reply.
Many years ago I borrowed a little trailer when I took the family camping to S of France. Excellent.
Many years later........
Still travelling down to the same area but with my Type R loaded to the gunnels.
Have just placed an order for a 2.2 and thought I might add a detachable towbar so I can see out the back again....
Decided on getting the 13pin as the extra cost was minimal.
I'm hoping I should be able to just the plug the trailers' electrics straight in

1 - 15 of 15 Posts