2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on the Honest John Telegraph pages (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1&xml=/motoring/2006/12/02/mrjon02.xml):
"Toyota recently recalled the Prius for a steering assembly modification and informed me of as much by personal letter. This involved two 60-mile journeys to the dealer in Swansea, which I felt merited reimbursement. When I collected the car, not only had the fuel tank been brimmed but Toyota had also given me a bottle of champagne. I wonder if other manufacturers do the same?
R.M., Swansea
That is the way to treat customers you want to keep."
What chance Honda dealers doing the same?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
And they offer 5 year waranty.
I find that Honda should give an extra year of waranty to firsttime Civic buyers!:)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
starting date

I think honda should start the warranty from the date it is fault free
that would be a nice thought

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,172 Posts
lifetime for 1st time civic buyers!!!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
And they offer 5 year waranty.
I find that Honda should give an extra year of waranty to firsttime Civic buyers!:)
That is a very good suggestion. I would be well satisfied with that. ;) .

How about it Honda. A nice New Year gesture on your part, for all the

problems & niggles we've had to put up with, in our first year of

ownership.

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
we have 7 years warranty in greece... :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Well I'll tell you something - if I still have teh civic after the warranty is up, I will kick, bite, scream and moan to get things fixed by Honda.

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
What, Honda???:confused::confused::confused:
Hyundai (manufactured in Turkey) gives 5 years...
i know that. The Hyundai cars in Greece come from Korea(you know why...stupid politics in both sides make the 2 nations enemys :( so local dealers prefer buying straight from Korea cause a "made in Turkey" vehicle has no luck in Greece)
Anyway...Honda gives 3years warranty and 4 more years through insurance with the same benefits. In that 7 years you can drive limitless kilometres but you must have services only in Honda Dealers. That's fine with me.

·
Banned
477 Posts
i know that. The Hyundai cars in Greece come from Korea(you know why...stupid politics in both sides make the 2 nations enemys :( so local dealers prefer buying straight from Korea cause a "made in Turkey" vehicle has no luck in Greece)
Anyway...Honda gives 3years warranty and 4 more years through insurance with the same benefits. In that 7 years you can drive limitless kilometres but you must have services only in Honda Dealers. That's fine with me.
You're right about stupid politics... When we got married in 1984, we went to Samos island for our honeymoon. Things were not like today's better relations by then; but all people were very friendly to us... They were all like how we were... except for some officers in the police station!!!

I made a check to Honda Turkey's website and they only mention about the 3 years warranty. Is the plus-4 specific for Greece?

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
Yes my friend! It is only specific for Greece. It is coming from the local dealer and an agreement with an insurance company. Honda has respect here in Greece as the most realiable cars.

(Some people here still think that Turkey is like the Midnight Express 70's movie...of course that is not true. When you got married it has only been a decade from the cyprus incident and everybody was curious about Turkey especially police officers. That all belong to the past as far as i am concerned and i hope that our neibours will be friends at last...I know from sure that i have a new friend now from the capital of Turkey Ankara who loves his Honda as i do.;)) Mine is coming in January as i was told...:D

·
Banned
477 Posts
Yes my friend! It is only specific for Greece. It is coming from the local dealer and an agreement with an insurance company. Honda has respect here in Greece as the most realiable cars.

(Some people here still think that Turkey is like the Midnight Express 70's movie...of course that is not true. When you got married it has only been a decade from the cyprus incident and everybody was curious about Turkey especially police officers. That all belong to the past as far as i am concerned and i hope that our neibours will be friends at last...I know from sure that i have a new friend now from the capital of Turkey Ankara who loves his Honda as i do.;)) Mine is coming in January as i was told...:D
I like the Greek attitude for Honda!:D
You do have a friend, just as I know I have a friend in Athens.. Past is past, which people should not forget; but, to take lessons and not to repeat the mistakes...
I hope that you receive your Honda ASAP and enjoy it as much as I do..
So; drink an "ouzo" for me and I will drink a "raki" for you....Cheers!

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
...If we start we raki+ouzo then we will be certainly drunk in a while...:D
Let's first eat mousaka and baklava for desert;)

(We both nations know how to cook...how to drink and especially how to have fun...;))

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,233 Posts
Heh heh.. Agree... Eat and drink! Plus enjoy the time!
What colour and type are you expecting with your Civic?
i 've ordered a NHB sport5d with ivory interior. In Greece the sport version is better equipped than the UK ES and i think that it has equipment which in Uk you can find only in Ex versions. (Of course we can't have navi and bluetooth as an option...the excuse is that Honda don't have maps for Greece yet:(...Ok i 'll have an aftermarket solution)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts