2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier on I was on a set of lights heading out onto a dual carriage way. One of these came beside me revving his engine. With a bit of fun (within the speed limit of course) ... We gave our engines a stretch but it actually out stretched me .... Are they actually that quick?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm suspecting he must of done some mods to it cuz I was quite suprised....

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
even still, only 1.8 so down on torque everywhere. I had a corolla compressor and a good Type R would scalp it no issues

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
Mates got a stock one , he canna keep up with me! Must have been tuned or you were in the wrong gear lol

Sent via NecronomiPhon

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, nope I was definitely on the right gear!

Yea, I'm convinced it had been modded ... Like you guys said, it's a 1.8, and low torque!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used to have a celica 190 import and off cam it was dead however on cam (in lift) I think it was faster or at least as fast as the FN2.

I did have both cars for a few weeks so only drove them side by side (I couldn't race or time them though)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My nephew still has one in mint condition, they are pretty rare these days. I still prefer the FN2.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Standard Celica T-Sport 190 (188bhp) = 170bhp per tonne
Standard CTR (198bhp) = 156bhp per tonne

So yes, they are that quick (compared to a standard CTR)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
They are quite light at 1150-1200kg, but still..

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Their gear ratios are crap. Going from 1-2nd on WOT its nigh on impossible to stay in " lift" and it gets worse from there.

FN2 has a higher top speed, 0-60 and quarter mile time.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Their gear ratios are crap. Going from 1-2nd on WOT its nigh on impossible to stay in " lift" and it gets worse from there
I see what you mean..

that's a rookie mistake, what were they thinking!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts