2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick search in this sub-forum has had people ask this before, but not much info after the initial question on where to get it.
I'm wondering if anyone has general info on it.
- has anyone actually done it?
- what are ballpark costs? ie Are we looking £150/weekend cover, or £500/weekend?
- do 'extras' help or hinder cover (4 point harness, brakes, driver training)
- does venue affect things? Abingdon, Donnington, Silverstone, Rockingham are all local (within 1hour drive) but some are safer than others either by the organisers rules, or track design.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, no info on here, but i have from my current insurers; Sky Insurance.
Track Day Insurance

they're throwing out £225/1day event for my FK2, so it's a figure to work with.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I,ve paid about £100 a day from specific track day insurers when i've done mine. Can't remember off the top of my head who i used though.
May have been somebody like competition-car or similar.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Consider Greenlight when you next renew your cover. They cover track days at a cost of £45 per track day. You get same cover that they give for road use but with double excess.
Didn't know that, might choose them over flux now on renewal!

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like Sky Insurance track cover is way too expensive then. shame, they've been brilliant for road insurance so far (6th consecutive year i think).

i fell out of love with flux due to poor business practices, so maybe try greenlight in November when it's up for renewal. Track cover will definately be a key point.

'Competition Car Insurance' is a company, but minimum of 10% excess of vehicle value so £3.3k excess! :eek:

..and looks like greenlight arent interested in the FK2; 20k max car value.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Im pretty sure Greenlight had a maximum car value of 20k when I tried to get insurance when I got the FK2 rendering them useless.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
And don't cover Manchester postcodes :facepalm: there goes my hopes of using them...

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Just gone with A-plan and got 5 trackdays included for £640 fully comp protected no claims and legal cover.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have to try them then when it's due (November for me iirc)
i read on a PH thread that 1% of the car value seems to be a going rate figure. i assume that was down to ad-hoc single day cover rather than bundled with your road insurance.

I hope i come close to £640. £100 extra on what i have now would be a really nice figure for included track.

were there any T&C's connected to the trackday cover? i read rumours that you have to use them all each year to get your experience up (else your considered higher risk).

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I have to check the documentation when it comes but excess is the £300 plus a £1,000, so again reasonable for track.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
top of my list come renewal then. best figures i've seen by a mile (based on separate road & adhoc track cover)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts